Question

Student
AdamRichard
Message 1 of 6 (1,149 Views)

wireless difficulty with DV6-2150us

Hello!

I'm curious if anyone else is having difficulty with their internet access on the HP DV6-2150? I have checked my network and there are no problems with it, but when I try to get on the internet it often takes upwards of 30 minutes to get internet access.

I have two laptops: the one mentioned above running Windows 7 and an older one (~3 years)  running Windows XP. The XP comp connects fine.

Here is all the relevant info I could think of:

1. Comcast cable (6mbps)

2. Netgear N-150 (WNR1000) router

3. distance from the router anywhere from 5 to 20 feet.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Student
pt3333
Message 2 of 6 (1,052 Views)

Re: wireless difficulty with DV6-2150us

Just began having trouble with getting online. I recently installed System Mechanic and had to call company about it because it is a 32 bit program running on 64 processor. I wonder if that is the difficulty since I have not tried to get on line since then. I am using a direct connection presently. Wireless is no go. I am told there are no networks available, but I know there are,

Top Student
hepzibah10
Message 3 of 6 (1,048 Views)

Hello,

You are not the only one.  I just bought the same laptop.  It will not connect to our home network.  I've updated the driver for the wireless adapter and changed it's settings.  It does see our home network and other surrounding networks, but it will not connect.  I don't know what else to try. Here are our stats:

1. ATT DSL = 1.5 Mbps

2. Linksys WRT150N router

3. Distance from router = 5 - 30 feet

4. Broadcom 43225 802.1.1b/g/n wireless adapter

I'd greatly appreciate any help too.

Thanks!

Grad Student
davezorz
Message 4 of 6 (1,030 Views)

To all of you with this issue, please try the following solution.

Open your start menu and yype "device manager" in the search bar at the bottom

Click on Device Manager

Expand the "Network Adapters" section

Right click your wireless card and select "uninstall" (make sure you check the box that asks if you want to delete the driver software)

Click "ok" and close Device Manager

Open your start menu again and type "recovery manager"

Open Recovery Manager

Select "Hardware Driver Reinstallation" under the column "I Need Help Immediately" and click "next"

Select the same driver that you just deleted/uninstalled and hit next, then once it is done, hit finish.

Message 5 of 6 (526 Views)

Mine is a dv6-3210us and has all of the same problems others listed except that if I move the computer to within a few feet of the router, it will connect.  I think it is a weak (cheap) wireless adapter that won't detect parts of the radio signal from the router unless it is really close.  Is it possible to replace the wireless card witha good one like the one in my Dell?

Honor Student
wcctjc
Message 6 of 6 (522 Views)

same thing.  disconnnects at a distance of more than a few feet from the router. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation