wireless n won't work (1194 Views)
Top Student
rappugliese
Message 1 of 3 (1,194 Views)
Accepted Solution

wireless n won't work

For some reason, my laptop can no longer establish a wireless "n" connection to my router.  I have another computer on the network that can.  How can I restore wireless "n" capability on my laptop? 

sMy laptop is an HP Pavilion dv7t-4100 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC running Windows 7 64 bit.  No made no changes to my laptop.

Grad Student
HPSAwizard
Message 2 of 3 (1,186 Views)

Re: wireless n won't work

Try the following:

1. Reset the wireless adapte by disabling and the enabling the adapter in Control Panel\Network and Sharing\Network Connections.

- Right click the adapter to disable and enable.

If this does not work:

2. Got to HP.com Support and Drivers.   Enter your product number to go to your product page.   Download the Wireless Networking driver and reinstall.    

Did you apply any updates recently?

I work on behalf of HP.

Click on Kudos if you like the response.
Top Student
rappugliese
Message 3 of 3 (1,171 Views)

Re: wireless n won't work

I appreciate the very quick response. 

I reset the wireless adapter and reinstalled my driver as outlined.  That didn't solve my problem.  Note that I apply updates regularly. 

After digging into every parameter of my router's (DIR-825) configuration,  I determined that WMM had been disabled.  I must have done this inadvertently while updating port forwarding for Magic Jack.  After enabling this parameter, everything started to work properly again.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation