wireless network card not detected (6127 Views)
Honor Student
zack007attack
Message 1 of 6 (6,127 Views)

wireless network card not detected

My laptop (HP Pavilion dv6000 model) has a built in wireless network card. But for some reason, my computer is no longer detecting it as it doesn't show up on my devices and thus I am unable to use Wi-Fi connections in public areas. How do I fix this problem?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (6,122 Views)

Re: wireless network card not detected

Hi,

zack007attack wrote:

My laptop (HP Pavilion dv6000 model) has a built in wireless network card. But for some reason, my computer is no longer detecting it as it doesn't show up on my devices and thus I am unable to use Wi-Fi connections in public areas. How do I fix this problem?

Which OS is installed?

Reinstall the HP Wireless Assistant and the driver for the wireless card.

Best regards,

erico

****If you found that my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
DesertSage
Message 3 of 6 (5,994 Views)

I'm having the same issue.  Never a problem before.  Now I can't turn on the Wireless Assistant nor can I turn on the wireless button to get it to change from amber to blue.

I did try reinstalling the Wireless Assistant and got the message the the file on my computer now was newer than the one on the HP site.

I've been trying for 3 days to get the wireless to turn on thru various methods.  Anybody have any other ideas?

Vista 64-bit, HP Pavilion Dv6-1253cl (DV6000 series)

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (5,983 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

DesertSage wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  Never a problem before.  Now I can't turn on the Wireless Assistant nor can I turn on the wireless button to get it to change from amber to blue.

I did try reinstalling the Wireless Assistant and got the message the the file on my computer now was newer than the one on the HP site.

I've been trying for 3 days to get the wireless to turn on thru various methods.  Anybody have any other ideas?

Vista 64-bit, HP Pavilion Dv6-1253cl (DV6000 series)

That may be so, but it is quite rude to hijack someone else's thread. Lurk and read or start your own post. That would be proper protocol.

take a read of the thread in the following link.

wireless assistant no longer working

Best regards,

erico

****If you found that my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****

Provost
erico
Message 5 of 6 (5,981 Views)

Here is a link to an interesting HP web page which may help

Solve Setup and Internet Connection Issues on a Wireless Network with Vista

Best regards,

erico

Student
TheOnlyJohn
Message 6 of 6 (1,711 Views)

how? happens to be my problem cannot be fixed by other suggestions

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation