Question

Honor Student
alienheart
Message 1 of 5 (336 Views)
Accepted Solution

wireless not being detected in windows 8

Hello Hp users...I need ur help. My laptop is of model pavillion G6 1052si using a broadcom 802.11n network adapter and ever since my original OS died(windows 7 ultimate), I decided to just go ahead and install windows 8..problem is ever since then I havnt been able to detect wireless network...the drivers are up to date the hardware works because I surf with it when in ubuntu(its a dual boot) and the only time I surf the ne while in windows is through a wired network....please help me overcome this. Iv been to every forum with nt much luck and read every "solution" on the net...
Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 2 of 5 (310 Views)

Re: wireless not being detected in windows 8

Hello alienheart,

You need a driver for windows 8. The only driver that is available from HP is the one for Windows7.

You can try to reinstall the original driver.

Here is a link to the update.

I don't think that HP supported the upgrade to windows 8.

Here is a link to check the compatibility.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

Honor Student
alienheart
Message 3 of 5 (307 Views)

Hello Anthony,thanks for the info. Bt as I read this,it so happens that windows 8 jus died an hour ago and I decided to wait till I cn download or buy a windows 7 copy if I cn find any...I'll stick to linux for nw to finish off my projects...my windows 8 died after I installed HP wireless assistant and unistalled mountain lion skin pack. The repair disk wouldn't work and kept giving realy senseless errors......am over win 8 for now
Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 4 of 5 (302 Views)

alienheart,

Sorry to hear that.

You can install the ISO of Windows 7 as long as you have the product key.

Here is a link to a post that DavidPK wrote that will walk you through the steps to install windows 7.

It’s message 6 of 9.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

Honor Student
alienheart
Message 5 of 5 (301 Views)

Thanks a lot once more Anthony...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation