Question

Honor Student
judisroberts
Message 1 of 5 (491 Views)

wirless assistant wont open

I have an hp notebook pavilion dv69000 and when I right click on wireless assistant and go to open, nothing happens. I called customer support and they wont help because its out of warrenty. All I wanna do is connect to the wireless service that I pay for. it I am in need of the isp and password to be able to do this w/o going to wireless assistant. PLEASE HELP ME..........

Honor Student
ranjanmalla
Message 2 of 5 (486 Views)

Re: wirless assistant wont open

Hi,

I am not sure where exactly you are you are right clicking.

But if you are right clicking on the wireless icon on the system tray (thats where date and time is displayed) and getting no page opened. Then you can try going to my network places and click on view network connections. It will display all thenetwork connections (wired and wireless). 

Please ensure that the wireless button on your laptop is switched on. generally it will be blue if its on.

Thanks & Regards

Dibya R Malla

Honor Student
judisroberts
Message 3 of 5 (484 Views)

I am right clicking on the wirless assistant icon. I went to networks and it says no wireless device found.   So basically I am sttemping to open wireless assistant to add my wirless info and it wont open. I called tech support but they sent me to this site. I need help and I have also noticed on here that there are tons of people withthe exact model comp and have this exact problem ..... word for word.

Honor Student
judisroberts
Message 4 of 5 (483 Views)

It also says that I need a user id and password .

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 5 of 5 (432 Views)

@judisroberts

Hi,

Perform a Hard Reset:
1. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.
2. Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 1 minute.
3. Reconnect the AC power adapter (do not connect the battery), press the Power button.

If this will not help then write your p/n which is under Your computer and looks like this.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation