Question

Top Student
Momadams
Message 1 of 11 (204 Views)
Accepted Solution

3510 printing from Safari on iPad

If I print a webpage from Safari on the iPad, by selecting "print", the page prints about 20% too large. This is not a problem if I use Printer Control, but I can't print a webpage from Printer Control
Master's Graduate
Donal_M
Message 2 of 11 (179 Views)

Re: 3510 printing from Safari on iPad

Hi,

When you mention printer control, are you referring to the AirPrint functionality within the iPad?  

Also when you say that the page prints out about 20% too large, does this mean that a single page prints out over a few pages?

"Although I work for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
Momadams
Message 3 of 11 (175 Views)

Using Airprint produces the oversize webpage. One page prints as 1.20 pages and the font is oversized. For example, I printed a page with a "wallet-sized" id card and had to put the printout on the copier and print a 20% rediced copy to get the right size card.
Top Student
Momadams
Message 4 of 11 (174 Views)

Also, EPrint, the separate hP app, works fine but doesn,t have a function to print a webpage. To print a webpage dfrom there, I would have to do a screenshot and print tHe subsequent photo.
Master's Graduate
Donal_M
Message 5 of 11 (172 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Within e-Print there is an option to print a webpage - If you select the web icon from the e-Print homescreen below and copy/paste the web address from safari into the e-print address bar within the web option, you'll be able to print off the web page from there.

AirPrint has  limited print options so it may be difficult to get the print you wnat from it.

ePrint homepage.PNG

Top Student
Momadams
Message 6 of 11 (163 Views)

Well, I'll be. Thanks.
I've been using the Printer Control app. I see now that it lets me access the Eprint app, which has a version of the toolbar you show. Wish HP were more transparent.
Top Student
Momadams
Message 7 of 11 (158 Views)

Just tried the "solution". When I selected Print, I got the message, "your printer does not support this file type".
Oh dear.
Master's Graduate
Donal_M
Message 8 of 11 (148 Views)

Just to clarify - are you using the e-Print app that you've downloaded to your iPad to print a webpage?

I've included a more detailed set of instructions to follow from within the e-Print app on your iPad - before following these, please check that your e-Print app is updated to the most recent version (check for updates on your iPad).

Open the e-print homepage and select the Web icon below:

ePrint homepage.PNG

Next, copy the web address of the page that you want to print (double tap screen on ipad in the address bar to see the copy option appear) from Safari/Google and paste it to the address bar of the e-Print web tab below:

Address bar.PNG

When the page you want has loaded, press print in the top right corner.

Preview.PNG

Then press the print options button in the top right.

printer options.PNG

Select more options.

Paper select.PNG

Finally select the papaer type that you want (A4 if it's a webpage).

Top Student
Momadams
Message 9 of 11 (127 Views)

My app has those options, but they are shown across the top of the page. You show the steps I have followed, but I get the message showing that the 3510 printer can't handle that type of file.
Master's Graduate
Donal_M
Message 10 of 11 (114 Views)

[ Edited ]

When you say "my app" , are you referring to your e-print app? If you're using the e-print app the format should be the same I have shown (otions should be in the same place) - check that you have the most up to date version of the e-Print app by updating it.

I'm stumped as to why you're getting a message about file types when trying to print a webpage through e-Print.  When using the e-Print steps above are you able to get the preview page where you can see your website loaded?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation