HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-07-2012 11:22 AM
JuanWIFI I hope you are doing well and welcome to the HP Forum;
You can use HP eprint home and biz to print directly to your officejet pro 8600 any time that the phone and the printer are in the same network (are using the same gateway or router to connect). you can print GO HERE and also scan GO here
Let me know if you have other questions. I will do my best to asist you,
Best of luck;
05-08-2012 02:53 AM
I got my phone to print wireless over the network, but when I want to set up ePrint, it says that there is no internet connection. Attached is a diagram of my current setup.
Can I connect through vodacom 3G?
05-08-2012 09:11 AM
Hi there again JuanWiFi; hope you are doing well;
I am glad that you got your HP home and Biz app working. Now let's see in regards your eprint issue, as far as I know there is no issue with the 3G connection (vodacom) you are using and HP Eprint. I cannot see the JPG
that you included in the mesage.
Make sure that the printer have all sofware and the firmware updated,
Find out if your device (Vodacom) have peding updates, update if needed.
I will take this steps
Change the IP address of the device to an static IP address, .
- Open a new Web browser window.
- Type the IP address located on the Network Configuration Page in the address bar of the Web browser, using http:// to begin the address. Then press Enter .
Make sure that the printer does not have an IP Address starting with 169.xxx.xxx.xxx that will mean that is self assing and that means that is not taking the DHCP Leased address.
|An example of how to type in an IP address in the address bar of the Web browser|
The EWS home page for the product opens.
- In the EWS screen, click the Network tab.
- Click Wired (802.3) , and then click the IPv4 Configuration unless you are using IPv6, if undought do not worry about it. IPv6 Configuration tab.
- Click Manual IP . The Manual IP Address box opens.
- In the Manual IP Address box, type an IP address with the same values in the first three sets of digits (subnet values) as the product's IP address (listed on the Network Configuration Page), and a higher value (between 1 and 254) in the fourth set of digits. This creates a static IP address on the same subnet, but outside the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) range.For example, if the product's original IP address is 192.168.0.1 , assign the static IP address to 192.168.0.200 .Figure 5: Example of an IP address - DHCP values shownFigure 6: Example of a static IP address with DHCP values modified
NOTE: Do not type the static IP address from the example. Enter a static IP address based on the IP address for your product.
- Enter the Subnet Mask and the Default Gateway settings as they appear on the Network Configuration Page.
- Click OK to save the new settings, and then click Exit or close the browser to exit the EWS.Do you have a labtop or desktop you can use to set
In your in your iphone you can change the settings of the DNS to Google's public DNS Servers to see if this is the issue you are having.
Go to Settings> WIFI> network you are connected Select the static option and enter 18.104.22.168 as the DNS Server. Although I prefer to this from a desktop in the IPv4 settings.
Let me know what happends I will do more indepth research to see if there is a known issue with type of configuration and will reach out to some peers to see. update the thread if you feel that we can help you any further. I will do my best to assist you.
Best of luck;