Adding a new email to e print (6733 Views)
Top Student
1968Andy
Message 1 of 22 (6,733 Views)

Adding a new email to e print

I am trying to add a plus net account to the e print account. I already have a yahoo and googlebut when I enter the details for the plus net account it throws a fit and tells me that verification is not valid. I a certain I am entering the right details but.......

Printer HP 3050a

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 2 of 22 (6,685 Views)

Re: Adding a new email to e print

Are you trying to add this account into the allowed senders list of your current ePrintCenter account?

or are you trying to create a completely new ePrintCenter account with this email address?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
1968Andy
Message 3 of 22 (6,682 Views)

What I do is as follows;

access Eprint, click e mail, click add account, click other, under POP fill in all the blanks, SSL is off, click sign in,

"Verifying account" appears, we wait, then we get "verification error, we found an error, would you like to try again."

When I press yes it just repeats the verifying account stage and brings up the same error message.

I have set my google mail and yahoo mail successfully but now need my Plus net (Force 9 actually) mail to accept.

Thanks.

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 4 of 22 (6,680 Views)

It sounds like you are trying to add ePrint as an email account on your phone or a program such as Outlook.

That is not how you use ePrint. You set up ePrint at http://www.eprintcenter.com/ and create a custom ePrint email address. This is not an email address in the traditional sense, such as one you can check. To use ePrint you want to use your personal email address to send emails to the printers email address for it to print off on your printer.

Here is a link with a FAQ describing exactly how ePrint works:

https://h30495.www3.hp.com/help#eprint

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
1968Andy
Message 5 of 22 (6,678 Views)

Not sure on this.  I have loaded in two e mail accounts and can now access my e mails via e print. However I have a third account and I want to do the same. I set the first two up as described but the third will not take?

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 6 of 22 (6,648 Views)

Where are you trying to add this at? On the printer? On your phone? On a computer?

Nothing in the ePrint setup process should require you to add POP information or anything like that.

Are you referring to scan-to-email? Where you would scan a document and it the printer emails it to a selected email address?

Signature
Top Student
1968Andy
Message 7 of 22 (6,643 Views)

To answer your patronising questions. iPad 2 and phone. Yep it does or else i would not be asking these questions. No i am not.

I will run through this one more time.

Okay this is it. Using ipad2. printer networked to a computer using windows. Trying to install an additional e mail account on e print as instructed by the system and as discribed in earlier post.

Ipad2 and hp app taken a yahoo and a gmail email but not taking another. When given choice about e mail accounts the system does not provide a choice for force9 so I have to press other it then quite clearly in big old letters asks pop or imap as my force9 account is a pop account I have to use that screen.

I suggest you try it as clearly there is a request for pop in eprint. Also I am not "setting up " this printer I have never stated that. I am trying to add an email account!

But thanks for your condescending e mail. Please fix this or put me in touch with someone who can either fix it or explain why it can not work.
Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 8 of 22 (6,607 Views)

I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm just asking questions to try and figure out what you are trying to do.

On the iPad, you basically have 3 options as far as printing goes.

You can AirPrint, which is printing directly from the iPad's software.

You can ePrint, which means you just email the printers email address.

And you can use the HP ePrint or HP Printer Control app.

Without me knowing exactly which of these you are trying to do, It's hard for me to help you. I have a lot of people who go into their email settings on their iPhone and iPads and try to add their ePrint account information and it just doesn't work that way. So when you mention POP and SSL, that's the first thing I think you are trying to do.

Now that I see you mention "app", I think I know what you are trying to do. You are using the HP ePrint app and trying to set up the email portion of it, so you can print emails directly from the app. 

Just out of curiosity, are you able to add the plus net account to your iPad's email app or do you receive the same verification error?

Also have you checked with the email provider to make sure you have all of the exact settings required for setting this up? I've set up pop accounts where the Hostname was not the same as the domain following the @ symbol. The service might also not allow POP accounts, as I have also seen that before also. 

And once again, I apologize if I came off as condescending, I was just really confused about what you were trying to do at first. 

Signature
Student
Paulh61
Message 9 of 22 (6,250 Views)

I am trying to add an email account to the eprint iOS app on my iPad. I get a verification error when I add my yahoo email address and email. The address was accepted by eprint as I received an automated message through it.

Can't seem to get it to accept my password. Please help

Student
Sharon_Clift
Message 10 of 22 (6,181 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having the same issue.   

I am able to access my emails on our corporate Exchange server using the mail client within my Apple IPhone.  I would like to be able to print email double sided to our HP E Printer and to do that I need to use the HP EPrint App.

I can print from the App to Hotmail fine, but when I try to set up an account for Exchange I get the same issue where it will not verify the account.

Under the add email settings I can add the email address, description, password, hostname and port information.  There is nowhere to add username, and I wonder if this is making it fail as my Windows username and email address are not the same?

I assume this App can be used with corporate emails and not just hotmail etc as the printer is sold as a business printer.

I can forward email directly from my email client software on the phone to the Eprinter, but really want to be able to use the App so that I can control duplex settings, colour settings etc.

Any assistance you can give would be appreciated.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation