Question

Student
BendOR
Message 1 of 5 (1,507 Views)
Accepted Solution

Adding email account to ePrint app

I can print to my HP printer from my iPhone using a google account.  However, I cannot add my ISP provided account on the ePrint app without getting a verification error.  I've registered the address in HP Connect, and received the confirmation email.  My password, hostname (incoming server which is mail.q.com) and Port(110) appear to be correct.  Not using SSL.  What am I missing.

Thanks in advance.

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 2 of 5 (1,468 Views)

Re: Adding email account to ePrint app

Hi BendOR:

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having issues trying to add your q.com email to the HP Eprint App. 

The email settings you would need to enter in the app can be found at the link below.  

https://qwest.centurylink.com/internethelp/email-server-settings.html

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
EventladyPgh
Message 3 of 5 (1,256 Views)

On the 'HP ePrint App' on iPhone 4 ios 7.0.6 I was successful adding my gmail account.

However, I now need help trying to add my Hotmail account.

Upon opening App, selecting Email, and selecting MSHotmail, the "Add Email" screen appears.

Six fields are provided.

Four are auto-filled with the following:

• Description: Hotmail
  • Hostname: pop3.live.com
  • port: 995
  • Use SSL: yes

Two fields are typed in before the "Sign In" is permitted:

• Email
  • Password

The key entry of my full Windows Live Hotmail email address and password results in

"Verification Error. We found an error. Would you like to try again?"

Please provide the fix.

Thanks

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 4 of 5 (1,229 Views)

Hi EventladyPgh,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you would like to learn how to add your Hotmail account to the HP ePrint app.

Please add your Hotmail account under the ‘Other’ option in the HP ePrint app (see screen shot). 

2014-02-28 hp eprint app add email.png

Please add using the IMAP settings (see screen shot) which I listed below.  I have also listed the POP3 settings.

2014-02-28 hp eprint app imap pop3 choice.png

POP3 Settings

Email:                    your personal Hotmail email address

Description:        can be whatever description you prefer, it can be something as simple as 'Hotmail'

Password:           this is the password you use to log into your Hotmail account. It is important to exactly enter the password as you set it up including capital letters and special characters.

Host Name:        pop3.live.com

Port:                      995

SSL:                        On

IMAP Settings

Email:                    your personal Hotmail email address

Description:        can be whatever description you prefer, it can be something as simple as 'Hotmail'

Password:           this is the password you use to log into your Hotmail account. It is important to exactly enter the password as you set it up including capital letters and special characters.

Host Name:        imap-mail.outlook.com

Port:                      993

SSL:                        On

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
EventladyPgh
Message 5 of 5 (1,220 Views)

Many thanks - the IMAP worked in the 'other' category. Too bad it didnt work where it was supposed to
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation