Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi.

I'm trying to let the AiO iPad app recognize my M276nw printer.

AirPrint printing works flawlessy, so the HP Supply app does (it recognizes the printer and let me check for toner levels).

There's no way to let the printer appear in the AiO Remote app but no luck.

I've tryied both wifi and ethernet connection. I've tryied several iOS devices with different iOS version but no positive results. Checking new firmware on the printer itself says latest version is already installed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Luca DB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Issue finally resolved!!! :OpenSmile:

How you ask? I logged into the settings webpage of the printer via an internet browser on my laptop entering the static IP-address of the printer as the URL. In the settings webpage, under the Network-tab, in the left menu under Configuration I selected the Advanced option. In this Advanced page, under the header Other Settings I checked the checkbox Reset Factory Settings For All Network Settings, and I clicked on the button Apply. Et voila, the HP AiO Remote App on both the iPhone and the iPad instantly found the printer. I still don't know what went wrong in the first place, but more importantly the issue is resolved. It took a while, but it finally works. Me happy! :OpenSmile:

Best regards, Bas

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

up!

HP Recommended

@lucadb 

Thank you for posting regarding the AiO app and the m276nw printer. Based on your issue, I tested my m276nw printer with my iPad Air this morning and was able to find the  printer and successully: print, scan and copy to and from it.

Question: When you first open the app, you should be have a screen called printer connections ~ does this screen show that your  iOS device is connected to the printer and the router? If not, check your network connection between your printer and your iOS device?

If you are not seeing the above screen, then you are not using our newest app version and need to upgrade your app via the itunes store.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues with this app and connecting to the m276nw printer.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for your reply.

The app is the latest version as the AppStore shows no updates available.

The screen is of course different because the printer isn't found as you can see in the attached screenshot.

IMG_0048.PNG

But, as stated before, i can smoothly print from my iPad. AirPrint correctly sees the printer and prints!

SureSupply app is perfectly working too. As soon as i open the app i can see the connected printer and its supply levels.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Luca DB

HP Recommended

@lucadb 

Thank you for the screenshot...that helped alot! 

If you haven't already tried, I would like to you tried the following:

1. close the app on your iPad. Swipe up and close all the way. Open and see if you can get the app to recongize the printer. If not, go to #2

2. power cycle the printer and the iPad. Verify that both the iPad and printer are on the same network by going to the printer control panel > touch wireless icon > note SSID (second line). On iPad, touch settings app > wireless > verify network connected to.

The iPad network and the printer SSID should match. If they do not, then the app will not be able to find the printer and you will receive the message "No Printer Found" that you see in your app window.

Please let me know your results.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Sorry to bring this up, had some family problems, but I still have problems with the printer and the AiO App. 

AirPrint printing works smoothly but the AiO Remote App doesn't!

My home network is configured:

My DLS modem is cabled (cat. 6A) to a 24 ports gigabit switch.

Printer is connected via ethernet cable to one port of the switch (there's no wifi signal in the room i have the printer in).

iPads and iPhones are connected to a NETGEAR Access Point (which of course is connected via ethernet cable to the previosly mentioned switch).

All devices (computers, printer, phones, TVs and so on) are on a 192.168.0.1/24 network.

I can ping the printer from the iPhone, the iPad and computers. They're on the same subnet.

Please, help me troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Luca

HP Recommended

Dear AuntieEm

I have the same issue as Luca.

I have an HP m276nw attached to my network. I can see the printer on my laptop, I can print to this printer from both my iPad and my iPhone using Apple AirPrint, but I can not connect to this printer with the HP AiO App on the same iPad or iPhone?! I've tried the HP AiO App with the printer connected to the network in both a wired and a wireless setup. I've tried both the automatic detection "On a Wireless Network" option in the HP AiO App and the "Connect to printer via IP-address" option. The printer can not be detected with the HP AiO App. Please help.

Hardware info:

The HP m276nw is attached via ethernet cable to an AAExp (Apple Airport Expres 2nd Gen.) on my my network. The AAExp is attached via ethernet cable to an AAExt (Apple Airport Extreme 5th Gen.). Both laptops, the iPad and the iPhone are connected via the wireless network to the AAExt. The IP-address of the printer is assigned to the MAC-address of the printer in the settings of the AAExt. I have a password protection on the printer, enabled via the touchscreen of the printer. Current installed version of the HP AiO App is v4.2.

Hoping for a little help.

Best regards,

Bas

HP Recommended

Additional info: Firmware version on the HP M276nw is version20140521.

Note: This is not the most recent version available on the dedicated support page of the M276nw on the HP website, but the description in the most recent version available (version20140718) points to an HP TopShot 275 (?), and not an M276nw. Installing this firmware version does not work, even though the smiley appears at the end of the process.

Best regards,
Bas

HP Recommended

@BLiK1974 

Thank you for bring this to my attention. Let me check into this on Monday and get back to you. In the meantime, please be sure and check your Google Play store or iTunes store for the newest version of the AiO app.

Thank you,

AuntieEm

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

@BLiK1974 

I checked on the FW driver  this morning and it was incorrectly posted. It has beencorrected and updated. The correct driver should be posted on the m276 page soon.

Agian, THANK YOU for bring this to our attention.

AuntieEm

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.