Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello. I have an HP LaserJet P1102w that I'm using to print to from a couple iPads. I can get it working fine, but I am constantly having to restart my router to accomplish this. After a while, the iPads will say they cannot find any air printers -- Restart the router and iPads, and the problem goes away.

I don't blame the iPads or the printer. I have my eye on the router.

The router is some obscure device that Charter, my ISP, has installed. Not sure of the brand or model, but its not any of the big names. I'm fine with adding another router or access point to run the printer and iPads through to hopefully alleviate this issue.

Question is: Does HP reccomend any certain brand or model of router or access point to use with an iPad and a HP LaserJet P1102w?

I have ran all the firmware and software updates available, and again, it does work for a while, I just have to restart that router all the time.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Gaktor

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I gather that you seem to regularly get the “No AirPrint Printers found” message when trying to print from your iPads to your P1102w printer.

I have included the Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs document.  It has a section titled “What if a 'No AirPrint Printers Found' message displays on my Apple device?”.  It sounds like you have already completed several of the steps included in that section.  My recommendation is to review the section and confirm that you have tried all those steps.  

Please let me know the outcome.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I apologize for the delay -- I wanted to be sure that all the steps were attempted completely.

Unfortunately, it's the same result. The iPads will print, but they still will lose the ability to see the printer after a few hours.

Because of the way the printer installs, I was wondering if maybe the IP of the printer is changing, and that is why it's doing this? Just a thought.

HP Recommended

Hi @Gaktor

Thank you for the update.  I appreciate it.

I have included the Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection document for you.  It has the steps for setting a manual IP address for the printer.  In the Mac section please follow the steps for “Solution four: Adjust the Bonjour Highest Priority Service network setting to 9100 Printing” and “Solution five: Assign the printer a static IP address”.

Please let me know how it turns out.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.