Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

IPad2 is not picking up the HP Photosmart B110a.   HP websites say that it is airprint compatible with a firmware upgrade.  I have selected Product Updates from the Preferences menu of the printer and it says that it has the most current updates installed.  Any thoughts?  The printer is set up in ePrint and is definitely connected to the Wifi network the IPad is on.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  With this one, I've included a couple of links below that should assist with this issue.  Good Luck!  

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02946894

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02836005

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

First off what model of wireless router are you running? You may not be on the same network as the printer with your apple device. To check communication obtain the ip address of the printer, usually done under setup, then wireless, then wireless test report. You can then type the ip address in to safari on your apple device. IF you are on the same network a page will load for the printer, if not it will time out. Another issue may be multicasting. Some routers have multicasting off by default which is what is used to communicate with airprint. There is a free app called "discover - bonjour browser" in the app store which can help you determine if this is the case. Simply run the app, look under local for domain, and look for bonjour scanner in the list. If this is not listed then multicasting is not enabled on your router.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the exact same problem.  When I first set up my HP Photosmart e-all-in-one B110 on my wireless router, it worked just fine as an Air Print printer from my Mac, iPhone4, my wife's iPhone5, and our iPad2.

Then the first problem after a few months was the B110 would sometimes show up as an AirPrint printer, and sometimes it would not. Showing a message in iPad of "no AirPrint printers found".  But the printer is veritably there, and the WiFi connection still the same.

And finally now, the B110 never shows up on apple devices.  We always get the "no AirPrint prnters found".  This means we are now totally unable to print.  The B110 does not connect using USB, so in fact AirPrint is the only way, as we are Apple environment users.

I have done all the suggested fixes.  Download latest firmware from the Printer's control panel.  Shutdown, power cable out, leave, restart, re connect to the WiFi router, run the WiFi connectivity test - which comes out fine with a proper IP address and "Passed" status.  All apple devices have also had their iOS updated to the latest version.  All this has been done numerous times.

Its a pity that AirPrint used to work so fine.  And now it doesnt.  So the printer is useless since it cannot be wired to Apple Mac either.

Does anyone have a solution please?

Thanks. Ujbuk.

HP Recommended

Hello Ujbuk,

Thanks for the post and the detailed problem description, that type of information is very helpful.  Just curious, did you happen to move or even replace your router at the time frame around when your devices were not able to print via Airprint?  I know you have performed a lot of the suggested steps in the document below but check this document, specifically the "no AirPrint printers found" section.  Good Luck and let us know the results...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02623193

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

I have tried the previous recommendations and they do not work.  I have an ipad running ios 9.3.2.  It will not connect to te B110 but it used to.  Using the B110 front panel does not upgrade the firmware, but the HP wesite says that it should work if it has a firmware upgrade.  How do you upgrade the B110 firmware using Windows and a USB connection?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.