Teacher
headsortails
Message 61 of 211 (5,270 Views)

Re: AirPrint - how to use Apple's AirPrint solution on HP ePrint Printers

Honor Student
psmosser
Message 62 of 211 (5,246 Views)

I recently purchased the Photosmart B210a for the airprint feature. I worked fine the first day that I used and my phone still see the printer. However, it seems that after I printed my first "Eprint" job my "airprint" stopped working. I've tried rebooting each device to no avail.

The phone sees the printer and I can start a print job but it just hangs and never goes to the printer. Eventually I get a message on the phone that the printer is no longer connected.

Any ideas? The whole point is to be able to print from my phone. I can still eprint to it though and that's been my work around.

PhD Student
Dave_K
Message 63 of 211 (5,228 Views)

Hey psmosser!

Sorry to hear you're having a problem! There are a few things we can try. I don't think that ePrint would have anything to do with AirPrint stopping, although it is interesting information about the timing, especially if it does have something to do with it. However, try the following steps and let me know what happens.

1. Power cycle your router, printer, and iOS device.
  2. First, unplug your router and your printer. Turn your iOS device completely off by holding the 'lock' button on top until it turns off.
  3. Wait 30 seconds.
  4. Plug your router back in and wait until it comes all the way back online (usually 30-60 seconds).
  5. Plug your printer back in and wait until it is back on its home screen.
  6. Finally, turn your iOS device back on and try to print an email. If printing an email works, try printing what you were trying to print.

Let me know if this works. If not, we'll move on to the next step.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Honor Student
Tommy36
Message 64 of 211 (5,225 Views)

I tried all sorts of methods including powering off the iPad and iPod

, resetting the printer etc etc but no result. However I have now solved the problem by replacing the Huawei HG 532 router with a BT HomeHub 2  router. When I tried to print to the HP printer it found the printer via the wireless network first time and can now print from iPod Touch, iPad 2 iMac and also an HP laptop. Happiness is a wireless network that allows printing !!

Honor Student
psmosser
Message 65 of 211 (5,223 Views)

Dave,

Thanks for responding.

I did try that but it is still doing the same thing. I would think it might be the router like some others except that it did work for a day.

I watched the job in the "Print center" on my iphone. It connected to the printer and went to "processing". After several minutes it seemed to time out and gave me the "printer no longer connected" warning. I chose continue. It eventually just disappeared as if it had printed but nothing did ever print.

What else can we try?

Thanks!

PhD Student
Dave_K
Message 66 of 211 (5,217 Views)

Ok, well I'm assuming that since you are looking at the printcenter you have already checked to ensure that you don't have pending jobs clogging your queue. If not, doublecheck to make sure the printcenter app is clear of all jobs and print again. Like I said though, since it's safe to assume you've already done that, we'll move on.

1. First, check for updates on the printer. To do this, go to Setup->Preferences->Product Updates->Check for updates. (If you have tried this, just try again to ensure that it is up to date.)
  2. Next, assuming there were no updates found, restore network defaults on the printer. To do this go to Setup->Wireless->Wireless Settings->Restore Network Defaults.
  3. Then Enable the wireless radio by going to Setup->Wireless->Enable Wireless radio. (If it says disable, ignore this step, it is already enabled). At this point the wireless light should be blinking.
  4. On your iOS device, go to Settings->Wi-Fi. You should now see a new network that will say HPB210XXXX (The Xs are the host name of the printer). Connect to this network.
  5. Try printing.

If it lets you print after following the above steps, then we know there is no problem with the printer or the iOS device. This doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem with the router, however it does indicate the problem is related to the network. Once this is done follow the steps listed below to reconnect the printer and iOS device to the network and try printing again.

1. Connect the printer to the network again by going to Setup->Wireless->Wireless Setup Wizard. Follow the wizard to select your network and enter your network passphrase.
  2. Connect your iOS device back to your network by going to Settings->Wi-Fi and selecting your network name (usually the password should still be saved)
  3. Try printing again.

Let me know if it works after performing the second set of steps or if it fails on either set.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Top Student
Mkth
Message 67 of 211 (5,216 Views)

Unfortunately I don't have an eprinter. I'm looking for some kind of fix so that my IPad2 will work with my older HP8500 wireless.
PhD Student
Dave_K
Message 68 of 211 (5,213 Views)

Hey MKth!

You can use the HP ePrint Home & Biz app to print wirelessly to your 8500 with your iPad. It is a little more limited then AirPrint in what it can print but it should help you out.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Honor Student
grands69
Message 69 of 211 (4,950 Views)

Huyjoo
Honor Student
grands69
Message 70 of 211 (4,949 Views)

Yujhy
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation