Question
AirPrint - how to use Apple's AirPrint solution on HP ePrint Printers
Replies (210)

Honor Student
Tommy36
Message 51 of 211 (6,990 Views)

Re: AirPrint - how to use Apple's AirPrint solution on HP ePrint Printers

I am also unable ro connect my iPod 4 th generation or iPad 2 to my HP AirPrint I am on TalkTalk ISP and understand there is a problem with the Huewai router which block them connecting to AirPrinter and I use the HP email address when I want to use the printer and include any file as an attachment. Do you use TalkTalk as your ISP?
Tutor
dgrab
Message 52 of 211 (6,965 Views)

Because AirPrint only uses your office or home WiFi, the problem isn't related to the Internet Services provider (TalkTalk or AT&T or whatever). It's a glitch with the printer. HP makes it difficult to know which printers are compatible with AirPort...there's nothing on the box about AirPort even if the printer is one that works with it.  

Teacher
headsortails
Message 53 of 211 (6,954 Views)

"Because AirPrint only uses your office or home WiFi, the problem isn't related to the Internet Services provider"

Unless your ISP provided you with your wifi router.

Tutor
dgrab
Message 54 of 211 (6,947 Views)

[pulling my hair out]  Headsortails is maybe right.  The problem may be with your router.  I took the OfficeJet 6500 back and picked up an Officejet 8500A Plus.  Elsewhere on this forum, HP says that one works with AirPrint, but neither my iPad2 nor iPhone 4s can find it. My router's only a few months old (Belkin N750 DB) and I upgraded the firmware with one that came out last month on the Belkin website. The Printer then showed up on the iPhone for about a minute... I tried printing something, and it disappeared... is there a 'firmware' update for the printer that I can download?? 

Tutor
dgrab
Message 55 of 211 (6,944 Views)

Same Question.  Just bought an Officejet Pro 8500A Plus because I need the AirPrint function and I've followed your directions but get a report that there's no firmware update available, which I take to mean the firmware which came with the printer is the latest version.  I also updated the firmware on the (nearly new) Belkin 750 DB router. This is driving me nutz.

Teacher
headsortails
Message 56 of 211 (6,941 Views)

According to this Amazon review:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R25MXRUD3N9WQJ

this router does not support Bonjour. If the router doesn't bridge Bonjour (mdns) packets then AirPrint, AirPlay, and iTunes sharing can't work. It might be worth a call to Belkin.

Honor Student
Carrigan
Message 57 of 211 (6,941 Views)

Well...I figured out the problem. I need to update my Internet modem. Now it works perfectly.
Honor Student
Carrigan
Message 58 of 211 (6,938 Views)

I had to get a new Internet modem before I could get AirPrint to work with my hp6500 a plus. My first modem was not compatible with the Apple products and programs.
Tutor
dgrab
Message 59 of 211 (6,940 Views)

Wow... that works!! Thanks!!

Student
Remeyer
Message 60 of 211 (6,748 Views)

I have a HP. c 6380. Not available for my I-Pad ?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation