Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

basically ive got an iPhone 4 and am reallyyy liking the idea of this AirPrint option. Actually thought the e-print function was it, only just read about air print. Can my HP Photosmart 5510 do AirPrint? been looking on google and some say yes and some no....any ideas?

thanks,

giffolew

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi "giffolew", I was just trying to find out the same thing and found your question. After just a little bit more searching, I happened to find the answer on Apple.com (kinda strange that the answer can't be found here on HP's site) - the answer is a definite YES... Yes, the HP Photosmart 5510 is AirPrint Compatible!

Source: http://store.apple.com/ae/product/H6759Z/A/HP-Photosmart-5510-e-All-in-One

HP Recommended

I purchased the HP5510 and the Air Print has issues.

After hours and hours I found out a fix temporally.

Every time i want to use Airprint I have to unplug the printer to reset before using.

I am going to return the printer.

HP Recommended

yes the printer can do the airprint but it takes time to detect the printer from the iphone and i had print several time. try this...

1. open up your photo from the iphone

2. press the icon on the lower left (icon for reply/email/msg/etc.)

3. click print

4. press the select printer button and it will search for the printer and most of the time it will show 'no airprint printers found'.

5. keep repeating no.3 & 4 until it find the printer.

else...the fastest way try restarting the printer and it will connect immediately but still take a while but faster. must some error with firmware....*sigh..better get canon!!!!

HP Recommended

just tried that ...  15 times and no luck..

HP Recommended

bro..did you connect through the same network? i mean using the same router? try print it from the pc first, if you can print it then your iphone also can.

HP Recommended
Yea, I'm using the same network/ router
No problem wifi printing from computer. I can type the printer ip address from browser on iPhone and see printer. It's just the Air Print that's not working.
HP Recommended

So that shows us that it is on the network, and it is communicating, but something seems to be blocking bonjour communication. If you do a search for bonjour in the app store the app store the first hit should be "discovery- bonjour browser". It is a free app, install that on the phone and open it. When you first open it you may have to go to local, and then look for "bonjour scanning" in that list. If nothing shows up this is the issue.

If bonjour doesnt show up for you what make and model of router do you have? There will usually be an option in therouter settings to enable/disable something called "multicasting" which is what bonjour uses to communicate. A lot of routers have this turned off by default, i know my dlink router is off by default. Once that is on it should see airprint just fine.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have a Belkin N750DB router. i couldnt find anything that said "multicasting" on the router settings.

I installed  "discovery- bonjour browser"  after that i see no "bonjour scanning"

only   "_apple-mobdev._tcp." 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Can print on my HP Photosmart 5510 without router, just whit my Iphone 4?

Best regards.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.