Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Vlado,

In order to print from your iPhone 4 to your Photosmart 5510, the printer needs to be on a wireless network. If the printer is connected via USB to a PC/laptop/Mac then it will not be discoverable to your iPhone.

Provided your printer is on a wireless network there are several ways you can print to it from your iPhone:

• via in-built functionality on your Apple device known as AirPrint. Both devices need to be on the same wireless network
  • via HP's ePrint service - this is where you email content to your printers unique email address. The device you are sending the mail from does not have to be on a wireless network but it does need to have internet connection e.g. 3G/4G data connection
  • via HP's free ePrint Home & Biz mobile print app. Both devices need to be on the same wireless network

Here is a link with useful information about all HP Mobile Printing Solutions. Hope this information has helped answer your question.

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended

It happened to me, too.

I scanned my printer port and discovered that Bonjour service cannot be found several times.

And I have to ON/OFF the service or the printer to enable it again...

Maybe I should call HP customer service or return it..

HP Recommended

Hi atinoue, here are a set of instructions for checking your router can forward Bonjour packets. Its taken from a larger support document for AirPrint, the link for which I've included here. Try the steps below and if that doesn't work try the suggestions in the link in the order they're presented.

Solution three: Make sure that your router can forward Bonjour packets, and then restart the Apple device
Follow these steps to make sure that your router can forward Bonjour packets, and then turn the Apple device off and on.
Step one: Make sure that your router can forward Bonjour packets
Not all wireless routers support Bonjour
A technology used to discover devices installed on a network, including printers.
or all of Bonjour's features. Since Bonjour is the default method for discovering printers on a network, you must first make sure that your wireless router supports Bonjour.
showhide
What is Bonjour?
Bonjour is a technology that is built into Mac OS and iOS. This technology discovers devices such as printers that are installed on the same network as a Mac or Apple mobile device. Bonjour is the default method for discovering devices on a network.

Check the specifications or support documentation for your router, or contact the router manufacturer, to make sure that your router supports Bonjour. It must also support forwarding Bonjour packets.

• If your router supports Bonjour , continue to the next solution in this document.
  • If your router does not support Bonjour , contact the router manufacturer for options.
Step two: Restart the Apple device
Follow these steps to power off the Apple device, and then turn it back on again.
  1. Hold your Apple device vertically with the Home button at the bottom of the device.
  2. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the top of your Apple device for a few seconds until a red slider displays.
  3. Slide the slider to the right to turn off your device.
  4. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo displays to turn on the device.
  5. Try to print from your Apple device.
  • If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended

I sent an email to my daughter in Potugal a few days ago. She had a WLAN connection there. I get the anwer at once on my  PC  but in the printer I saw it a few days later together with the picture of a little monkey.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I got the same issue with my Apple iPhone 4S and iOS 5.1.1

I installed the Bonjour discovery app and the printer is found, but when I try to print something I always received "printer not found" message.

Can you help me?

Thank you

Giovanni

HP Recommended

Hi Giovanni, check the specifications or support documentation for your router, or contact the router manufacturer, to make sure that your router supports Bonjour. It must also support forwarding Bonjour packets. You can get more troubleshooting steps at the following link, work down through them in the order they're presented to resolve the issue  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02623193

Best of luck.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

my router supports and forwards Bonjour packets.

I attach two screenshots of "Discovery Bonjour" iOS app (http://itunes.apple.com/it/app/discovery-bonjour-browser/id305441017?mt=8) which show that the printer is successfully discovered.

Unfortunately when I try to print, for example, notes or emails, I always get "printer not found"

Any ideas?

Thank you

Giovanni

foto 1.PNG   foto 2.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi Giovanni, did you take a look at the other potential solutions under the section "What if a 'No AirPrint Printers Found'  message displays on my Apple device" at the link in my previous post? If not, work down through them as they are presented to see if any of the solutions helps resolve the problem.

I am an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.