Question

Top Student
nthev
Message 1 of 5 (7,967 Views)
Accepted Solution

AirPrint suddenly won't work

Yesterday morning my HP110a stopped working with airprint. iPad and iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3, having worked fine before, suddenly cannot find the printer on the network. Using Safari, I can access the printer's webpage from the iPad and iPhone, my MacBook Pro finds the printer with Bonjour, ePrinting works fine - but AirPrint doggedly refuses to work.

I have been through all the troubleshooting points - checked network, checked all software / firmware is up to date, even updated iOS to 4.3.1 to no avail. 

The need to print from the iPad is urgent - what can I do? 

PhD Student
Praveen_David
Message 2 of 5 (7,943 Views)

Re: AirPrint suddenly won't work

On the iPad's Home Screen, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings and reboot the iPad.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
nthev
Message 3 of 5 (7,920 Views)

Thanks, but I have tried this and it has made no difference. Any other ideas?
Top Student
nthev
Message 4 of 5 (7,886 Views)

Solved this tonite! Changing the Internet Printing Protocols setting from Off to On, suddenly made the printer findable via AirPrint. Interesting! Why don't HP make it clear that IPP needs to be on for AirPrint to work. I have wasted several hours trying to sort this out.

Student
ksky
Message 5 of 5 (7,202 Views)

Great advice. Info I couldn't find elsewhere. Thanx
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation