Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you Redshift_2010

This is the answer I was looking for!

ECWarren

HP Recommended

I have a new ipad.,  I have hpoffice Pro 8500 wireless.  I want to print from my ipad.  What do I need to do.  The Ipad can not seem to find the printer.  Thanks

HP Recommended

The absolute easiest solution to using AirPrint with any networked printer is the Lantronix xPrintServer.

http://www.lantronix.com/it-management/xprintserver/xprintserver.html

Just as advertised, you simply attach the ethernet cable, the power cable and boom your in business. No software, no firmware updates – it just works! (Like Apple products used to do) To print from your IOS device, go into the share menu and select print. Your HP OJ Pro 8500 will be recognized. Select the printer and print. Your done. Next time it's even simpler as you won't have to reselct the printer.

It kind of sucks having to shell out another $100-150 to make Airprint work on you perfectly good non-Airprint wifi printer. I paid $150 for my xPrintServer only because Lantronix had not yet made available the $100 Home version. However, with 3 IOS devices in my house and possibly another one on the way, it's the best $150 I ever spent on new technology.

HP Recommended

Hi there to all

Base on this article your printer is not capable of airprint but it is capatible with HP ePrint home and Biz which will allow you to print from Apple, Android and Symbian devices. as long as the printer and  the device are on the same network i.e. Homenetwork yuo can download from the  App store of the respective OS.

Model AirPrint ePrint HP ePrint Mobile App HP ePrint Home & Biz Print Apps Scheduled Delivery Print Apps
HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer Series (G510)NoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One Printer SeriesYesYesYesYesYesYes
HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series (E709)NoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet 6500A e-All-in-One Printer Series (E710)YesYesYesYesYesYes
HP Officejet 7310 All-in-One Printer SeriesNoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet 7400 All-in-One Printer SeriesNoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer Series (E910)YesYesYesYesYesYes
HP Officejet H470 Mobile Printer SeriesNoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet Pro 8000 Printer Series (A809)NoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter Series (N811)YesYesYesYesYesYes
HP Officejet Pro 8500 Printer Series (A909)NoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One Printer Series (A910)  YesYesYesYesYesYes
HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer Series (N911)YesYesYesYesYesYes
HP Officejet Pro K550dtn Color PrinterNoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet Pro K850 Color Printer SeriesNoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet Pro K5400 Printer SeriesNoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet Pro K550 Color Printer SeriesNoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet Pro K8600 Printer SeriesNoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet Pro L7500 All-in-One Printer SeriesNoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet Pro L7600 All-in-One Printer SeriesNoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet Pro L7700 All-in-One Printer SeriesNoNoYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet 6100 ePrinter Series (H611)YesYesYesYesNoNo
HP Officejet 6600 All-in-One Printer SeriesYesYesYesYesYesYes
HP Officejet 6700 Premium All-in-One Printer SeriesYesYesYesYesYesYes

This is as part of this document here Supported Printers for Cloud Services

Hope this Answers your question:

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

Ipad & IPhone are unable to connect with HP8500 all in one?  Advise

HP Recommended

I saw that list and that the printer is on it - but when I want to register it for using the app, I need the printers emailadress. But after trying hard, I still don't know how to find it?

HP Recommended
Thorb, what printer do you have? Are you trying to use ePrint or AirPrint? If you are trying to ePrint you will have to first enable web services, get the printed code (should come automatically) and register the printer on ePrintCenter.

Let me know!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer 😉

I have a HP officejet Pro 8500 A909G and I was trying the "home & business app". 

I could not find anywhere in the printer to enable webservices and print the code..?

The only report I could make it print was showing the ink-levels. 

I hope you can help me.

HP Recommended
Ah, the A909 series does not have AirPrint capabilities nor does it have web services (it was made prior to either technology). However, you can still use the ePrint Home and Biz app.

To do this you have to be sure that the printer and the device the app is on are both on the same network (they will have the same SSID). Then in the app itself there should be an option to add printers from the wireless network. You may have to view them under the "All" tab in the add printer window.

let me know if this helps!
HP Recommended

Hello,

HP ePrint is the updated version of former HP Home & Biz app - available from the iTunes App store here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hp-eprint/id299531647?mt=8

This app should work fine with your Officejet Pro 8500 a909.  Just need to make sure that printer and iPhone/iPad are on the same wireless network.

Hope this helps

If this reply helped you, please say thanks by clicking the blue Kudos star.

I am an HP employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.