Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Some of our users experience temporary issues with AirPrint, ePrint and in using our Web Services provided through the ePrintCenter website. There can be a number of issues which can lead to these problems, but I am giong to do my best job at trying help figure them out. 

With AirPrint, you are dealing with just your local network. If you are having issues with AirPrint here are the first few steps you can take to correct the issue. 

1. Make sure that both devices are on the same network and share the same SSID. Sometimes one device will be connected to a "guest" network, and this will prevent cross communication. 

2. Turn off Bluetooth. Rarely, but I have seen this happen before, will Bluetooth interfere with communication with our printers. This is because AirPrint was written to use the same channel as Bluetooth. And like having two radio stations which are very close to each other, you will sometimes experience interference which will inhibit the signal. 

3. Reconnect the printer to the wireless network - simply re-running the wireless setup wizard fixes many connection issues 

4.  Assign your printer a static IP and Google DNS (at the bottom of the screen the configuration should read 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). Here a video on how to set that - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llYNMNKJMX4

5.  After that, if you are still experiencing the same issue I would perform a network reset, so that all the devices reconnect to the servers properly and to your network. First turn off your machine (and other devices on the network you wish to communicate with the printer [e.g. phones/tablets]), then unplug your router, after ten seconds plug the router back in. Once the lights are all back to normal (flashing, steady or otherwise) power the machine back on followed by your other devices and test printing again. 

With ePrint and our printer enabled apps, sometimes these will not be able to be used temporarily. Like most networks, the HP cloud does go through periodic times when the servers are down for maintenance, upkeep, and updating. These can cause temporary outages in some of the connected apps as well as some of the services that HP provides. 

However, if you are experiencing long term issues with ePrint or the printer apps, there are a few things you can do to correct the problem 

1. Reconnect the printer to the wireless network - simply re-running the wireless setup wizard fixes many connection issues 

2. Assign your printer a static IP and Google DNS (at the bottom of the screen the configuration should read 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). Here a video on how to set that - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llYNMNKJMX4

3.  After that, if you are still experiencing the same issue I would perform a network reset, so that all the devices reconnect to the servers properly and to your network. First turn off your machine, then unplug your router, after ten seconds plug the router back in. Once the lights are all back to normal (flashing, steady or otherwise) power the machine back on and test the connection to the server again. 

4. Lastly, if those steps have failed you can disable and re-enable web services. This will cause you to lose your personalized printer email address and you will have to remove your printer's original information from ePrintCenter and reconfigure the applications and services you desire. However if this is necessary, you can contact our free support at the number below (for US and Canadian customers) 

1-855-785-2777

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I hope this information is useful to you and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or link me to a thread on the topic. 

Have a wonderful day and here is a cute picture of a puppy! 

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
HP Recommended

I hope this information is useful to you and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or link me to a thread on the topic. 

Have a wonderful day and here is a cute picture of a puppy! 

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

hola tengo una pc potatil hp g42-362la y una impresora hp photosmart d 110 esta ultima tiene problemas de escaneo y no puedo solucionar gracias

HP Recommended

Hey misionmonotecni,

I used Google Translate (translate.google.com) to translate your response as follows:

"Hi I have a PC HP G42-362la potatil and printer hp photosmart d 110 the latter having trouble scanning and I can not fix thanks"

I see you are having a scanning issue with your Photosmart D110a series printer.  If you create a thread and private message me the link, then I would be more than happy to assist you with this issue.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

i have tried everything and it keeps saying eprint doesnt have any internet  but wifi is connected..plz help!

HP Recommended

Mpastor, can you tell me the exact model of printer you are using and is it connected via Wifi or Ethernet? Also, just to check, but you went as far as to remove and re-enable web services? 

Let me know! 

-Spencer 

PS Have a wonderful day! 

HP Recommended
thanks for taking the time to reply, I got smart friend to help me out and they had me do a full system recovery of my PC because we were just going around in circles trying to fix it.
I got into e. print okay now but cannot connect my printer to Google chrome cloud print service, it will not accept the pin code .My Pc seems to be ok now except for HP Daily surprise not working, uninstalled and reinstalled that, not sent any faxes yet so no idea if that works, I have a new e. print address and fax number, have to try faxing myself.
Love the puppy picture.
HP Recommended

Emma, generally with the cloud printing with Google Chrome you have to follow their guidelines and instructions as your printer is just the receiver on that kind of information. It has to be sent in the correct way, so I would check the information available on this to double check that. As for the rest of what you posted, the HP Daily Surprise will likely have to be re-activated from the ePrintCenter website for the new printer address. On the Faxing, it is unrelated to any changes you have made within the printers software or features, so it should work just as it did before.

Let me know if I have helped you out!

-Spencer 

PS - I am glad you liked the puppy! 

HP Recommended
Thank you, finally got it to work, HP daily surprise came loaded with my computer and has nothing to do with ePrint center and Smilebox is a program I downloaded for sending e cards with photos attached and sent through there website.
I have a problem watching instructional videos from HP web site even though I have the latest flash player installed, HP daily Surprise is dependent on Adobe Air and I have the latest version of that aswell, I upgraded to IE 10 but the problem was going on before I updated my browser, perhaps HP has finished with Daily surprise so I will call them to find out. but thanks so much for your help, I really do appreciate it, just wish more were like you.
HP Recommended

Sorry for that, I thought it was related to an ePrint application that bears a strikingly similar name. Sorry for the misinformation there. I am glad that you were able to resolve that issue, however! 

Hmm, this is interesting - from what you posted I am not sure what your issue is that you are having at the moment. Is the issue with watching videos or with the Daily Surprise? If the issue is with watching videos, that would likely be an issue with Flash or with clearing your cookies and cached data. 

Let me know! 

-Spencer 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.