Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Are you using your regular e mail address to log into HP connected or your eprint address, you should be using your regular email address and then a password of your choosing.

Cloud services would be better to help you with this 1-855-785-2777, if you are from Canada the country code has to be reconfigured they have to do this for me as I keep losing internet connectivity on my printer. They are open on Saturday's aswell until 4pm, give them a call and they can help you set it up properly. Good luck. If you are from the US, happy thanksgiving.

HP Recommended

I do not have a home group set up and I am the only user, I downloaded the full version software and drivers from HP website but not all the software downloaded, IE ink status, printer settings.

When I type in my printer IP address it takes me to my printers web page,  the printer scans and copies and I can scan to computer, my EFax # shows up on the front of my printer as does my HP connected eprint address and I can log into both.

I do have to contact cloud services as I guess the country and Language has to be reset for Canadian customers but my desktop is in such a mess right now, not being able to do anything as it keeps telling me I do not have administrator privalages or cannot find the correct path, this is all since level 2 tech support took hold of it, instead of helping me deal with the printer issue which was all that I was having problems with they kept downloading Malware bytes AntiMalware and CC cleaner and I ended up doing over 4 system recoveries, I was on the phone with them every day for 6 hours or more aswell as spending time on it myself for another 4 or 5 hours until the contract ran out, in fact having MS stress makes it worse and I ended up in hospital with a relapse of my MS.

No point in doing a back up as my pc is such a mess and I forgot how to do a recovery without using my discs. Yes I have an account set up with eprint, and the free efax account.:smileymad:

HP Recommended

Hello emma22,

I apologize that your computer is not running the way it is suppose to, let me go ahead and get the exact model number of your computer, so we can begin troubleshooting.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks in advance,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying, the model of my desktop is Pavilion Elite HPE-150f , AY603AA, my printer model is 7510e photosmart all in one CQ877A.

I did contact HP support and he had me do a factory reset, no  recovery discs installed and with only one arm to use right now did not bother to back up. I installed my Norton Internet security and all the updates from Microsoft, but it still seems to be really slow, HP product detection cannot detect my products and some downloads from Microsoft will not download, it says something about active x filtering in my browser but I have gone to Internet explorer, tools and looked for active X filtering but cannot find it, downloaded java aswell but that does not show either, I have no tool bar at the top of my browser as I had before and no HP smart web print,my printer is printing and scanning and my printer shows my ...@hpeprint address as well as my E fax number and I can log into my free Efax account but cannot log into my HP connected, it has a black hp eprint block that I cannot drag out of the way but in the background, greyed out I can see( Log out)

but I have no HP connected Icon or Efax Icon showing anywhere, I have to search the internet to find it, both my desktop and printer are on the same network and wireless.

I purchased this desktop in 2010 windows 7 64 bit home premium and it is still a good one, but I ordered the HP Envy 700-019 from HP,windows 8 not arrived yet but I would like this one to be working properly, the printer I purchased last year, both have care packs on them.I uninstalled IE11 and put in IE 10 as cloud services told me last year that the printer would not work with IE10 but hopefully now it will once I have contacted them and reset the Language and country code, I guess when HP connected took over they forgot about Canadian customers.

Most of my purchased software is installed, and my email is set up again and working ok.

I downloaded Adobe reader, flash player and java, no iTunes or quick time player, Facebook or U Tube.

I am on high speed internet so it should be faster than this as I do not have any photos or music on it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hey

recently (about 1 month) my printer couldn't connect to e-print or actualy to internet. I have Laserjet pro 200 and apperantly everything related to web service and e-print is configured without any problem but when i want to choose app this message pop on printer lcd " Access Denied. The service may be busy. Retry later." I thought it was really becuase of busy time but as i told 1 month passed and this message always pops. also when i want to print from cloud it encounter error and i cannot print. for more information printing on the wireless network is fine . direct printing is also fine but everything related to internet not fine

HP Recommended

Merry christmas to you,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your printer, may I ask if you live in Canada because if you do like I do you will have to call cloud services to get them to help you reset the country and Language

code, when HP connected took over they forgot about canadian customers and so we are having this problem, I have to call them to help me with the same problem when I get back home after christmas.

You can reach them at 1-855-785-2777, this is the number I call but if it is different for you try calling HP and ask them for the number that you should call.

I am only a home user like you and I have had the same problem since I purchased my printer last year.

It has been a total nightmare since I purchased it, good luck and hope cloud services can help you with it, hp do not help as they will just tell you to call cloud services, they have done that to me many times.

HP Recommended

Hi,

@emma22

Thank you for the detailed post.  You've given a lot of information on this thread.  I'm going to address each issue individually.

If you have done a factory reset/restore of your computer, then the printer would need to be re-installed on the computer. I have included a document with detailed steps on how to install the printer onto your home wireless network.

HP Connected has been rolled out to customers in the USA and the UK, the rest of the world is still on ePrintCenter.  I currently don't have an ETA on when other countries will be upgraded to HP Connected.  If you use this link, HP Connected (https://www.hpconnected.com/us/en/ ) , it should take you to the USA English site for HP Connected. If you prefer to use the ePrintCenter site, you'll need to contact HP's Cloud Services again. HP's Cloud Services for North America is open from 8am EST to 11pm EST Monday to Friday and from 10am EST to 6:30pm EST on Saturdays, closed Sundays.

You indicated that you were having an issue with ActiveX.  I have included a link from Microsoft about ActiveX. 

The toolbars on Internet Explorer are controlled by the user.  I have included a link from Microsoft about turning the menu bar on or off. If you are missing a toolbar other than the defaults that come with Internet Explorer you may need to re-download the toolbar you are missing, for example Google's toolbar. 

For the icons on your desktop (for eFax, HP Connected, Internet Explorer, etc), they are actually shortcuts that have been created.  I have included a link on how to create shortcuts from Microsoft.

If I have missed anything, I apologize.  Let's get this working for you.

About ActiveX Filtering from Microsoft

http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/browser/activexfiltering/about.html

Menu Bar in Internet Explorer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/show-the-menu-bar-in-internet-explorer

How to Create a Shortcut on the Desktop

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/140443

@mns2012

Thank you for joining the HP Support community.  I understand that you are having an issue with the apps on the front panel of your Laserjet 200 printer.

To better assist you, would you please provide some further information:

1. What model of Laserjet 200 do you have (there are 2 versions)?
  2. How is the printer connected (USB cable, ethernet, or wireless)?
  3. What operating system are you using (Window 7, or Mac 10.8, etc)?
  4. Are you getting the error message with a specific app or are you getting the error message with all apps?
  5. When you are unable to print from the Cloud are you using an app on a mobile device, such as HP's ePrint Mobile app or are you using Google Cloud Print?
  6. Have you set up the ePrint feature and customized the printer's ePrint email address?

Thank you.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I answer your questions in row
1: exact model: HP LaserJet 200 pro M251nw CF147A
2: USB connected to PC and wireless is also on
3: Win 7 ultimate
4: Every app I tried lead to error message
5: both of them is unavailable.
6: e-print is set up correctly and I used it about one month ago without problem.
Thank u for ur effort and I want u know I use this printer from Iran. Is there any possibility that using cloud service in Iran became forbidden by HP authority
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I have bot a HP Laserjet 200 Colour MFP M276nw for my office.

We have set up the MFP to connect to the ISP's Dlink Router DIR-655 and encounter that the HP AIO Remote app on our iPhones and iPad did not work as it is not able to find our MFP on the same network, so Airprint did not work.

The MFP is connected to the router wirelessly.

All our devices and laptops are all connected using the same SSID.

The MFP is configured with a static IP address (192.168.0.9) outside the DCHP (100-199).

Our laptops were able to print/scan using the MFP.

We are able to connect to the MFP using eprint from both our laptops, iPhones & iPads.

The MFP is able to connect to the internet and display Web Services as well as to download content on the Apps services.

I tried to troubleshoot the problem by replacing a factory reset Cisco E4200 to replace the DIR-655 and everything works including the HP AIO Remote App on both iPhones & iPads.

Is there any known compatility issues between the Dlink DIR-655 with the M276nw?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

HP Recommended

Hi Christopher_Tan,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I understand that you were having an issue with AirPrint and your Laserjet MFP M276nw.

You have done an amazingly good job of trouble shooting the issue. Based on the information you gave I would found out of the router you are replacing is Bonjour compatible.  Bonjour is the communication method that Apple uses  for AirPrint. I have included a link to the Bonjour FAQ page for reference.

Bonjour: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) from Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2250

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.