Beta Update for the HP Photosmart eStation c510a tablet (9096 Views)
Tutor
Wineflight
Message 1 of 20 (9,096 Views)

Beta Update for the HP Photosmart eStation c510a tablet

[ Edited ]

Hi,

There is a Beta Update available for the HP Zeen.  HP Zeen is your HP Photosmart eStation c510a's removable tablet.  

Steps to download the Beta update:

1.  Using your HP Zeen tablet, start at your Home screen.

2. Click the Settings button to bring up the menu.

3. Select Settings

4. Select Tools

5. Select Advanced

6. Select Applications

7. Select App Updates

8. Click on Check for Updates Now

Try it out and give your feedback. 

Tutor
born2
Message 2 of 20 (8,900 Views)

Re: Beta Update for the HP Photosmart eStation c510a tablet

did not work for me first time and i had to ring support ,

after a wee time chatting got it sorted 

i not sure but ive only had this for 3 days so new to it and to what to do ,found out when on phone about the hard reset

pressing the two sound keys and on/off key to reset the zeen and start again ,

which i must add has now helped me install 2.2 beta on my zeen and bit laggy but is alot better than b4 ,

so maybe a post on how to reset this could be a good idea for others ?

oh and still cant use youtube after update so needs sorting, 

and the time wiget has gone ? cant pick it now after fresh wipe and only 2.2 install no other updates 

Tutor
hallfleming
Message 3 of 20 (8,897 Views)

I wish HP would have mentioned that the beta update is suspended. I just bought the printer and found this out the hard way (out of office from HP beta program). This was my wife's birthday present. It's funny when you wife even know it sucks without flash...

Tutor
Wineflight
Message 4 of 20 (8,834 Views)

Hi,

I found out that only the Beta survey was suspended.   You can still download  the Beta update for your HP Zeen.

Tutor
hallfleming
Message 5 of 20 (8,826 Views)

how do you download the beta update then? it's not showing under the app updates.

Tutor
Wineflight
Message 6 of 20 (8,796 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

1. Start at the Home Screen, press Settings Menu.  Continue by selecting Settings, TooIs, Advanced, Applications, Manage Applications.  Check your Filter choice at the bottom to show only Downloaded (should be the default).   You should see HP Zeen Froyo Beta Program.  Choose Uninstall.
  2. Make sure your Wifi is connected.
  3. Set up a email account on the HP Zeen from the Home screen, Email icon.   The Beta program communicates via email so they need this setup before you accept the Beta program. 

4. Then follow these steps listed below again.  It will automatically go and find the update for you.   Report any error messages if you are unsuccessful for some reason.

Steps to download the Beta update:

1.  Using your HP Zeen tablet, start at your Home screen.

2. Click the Settings button to bring up the menu.

3. Select Settings

4. Select Tools

5. Select Advanced

6. Select Applications

7. Select App Updates

8. Click on Check for Updates Now

Be sure  to continue on by following the on screen prompts when HP Zeen Froyo Beta Update appears on your screen.   Following the prompts will actually download the full Beta and install it. 

Tutor
hallfleming
Message 7 of 20 (8,778 Views)

[ Edited ]

that no longer works. if you download the beta app installer (which is no longer), you'll have to login with a yahoo id. after  you do that, you'll get a auto response that the beta program is no longer. trust me, it happened to me.

for giggles, try to do a product update and see if it fails. i called hp and the rep told me that all updates i need to download from the web... :smileysad:

Tutor
Wineflight
Message 8 of 20 (8,772 Views)

It offers you a Yahoo log in or Yahoo or eMail option if it finds a email account set up on your HP Zeen.  I had a Gmail account set up and I chose eMail vs. Yahoo.  I just went through all these steps and it worked fine.

Tutor
hallfleming
Message 9 of 20 (8,771 Views)

are you seeing that from going back through the apps update option or the shortcut in apps youve already downloaded? also, did you try the product updates and see an error?

under about device, what version do you see?

thanks for the help btw!

Tutor
Wineflight
Message 10 of 20 (8,742 Views)

Hi,

I wrote out some additional detail in the instructions so hopefully this helps.

Starting assumes you've gone into Apps and uninstalled the HP Zeen Froyo Beta Update and are starting over from here:

============================================

1.  Make sure you have your email set up, gmail is fine.   If you use Yahoo, then go into that client and  set it up first thing.

2. Go through the App Update steps 1-8, then you basically have the stub installer. 

3. Press the Home button and give it a few seconds for the Beta Program Terms and Conditions to automatically pop up.

my experience:  I sat on the App Update page and the Beta Program screen didn't pop up for me. 

4. Insert an SD Card.

5. For Terms, choose Accept button and then for Instructions choose Continue.  Once you've done this the email client choice pops up, I selected Email vs. Yahoo.

6. Email was the first choice if as I said you have already configured a email client.  An email message is prepopulated with a send address to the Beta program from you.   Choose Send at the bottom of the screen.  

Per the Beta program instructions earlier on, it had instructed you to use Product Update to actually download and install the update.  

7. Choose Check for Updates now.

8.  An update is available should pop up.

9. Choose Update

10. Check version of update, Home, Settings,  About Device - FW version (111120)

If this doesn't work on your device, then I would reset your HP Zeen to factory default and start again.    Settings menu, Settings, Tools, Advanced, Factory reset.

You might just have had a bad download based on the network or something and need a fresh start.    Many others have been successful on first try, so give this a go.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation