Question

Student
earthenvessels
Message 1 of 4 (715 Views)

Blank Control Panel on Deskjet 3510 printer

i recently purchased an hp deskjet 3510.  the control screen on the printer no longer displays any information.  it's just a blank screen.  how can i get it to function again?

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 4 (695 Views)

Re: Blank Control Panel on Deskjet 3510 printer

It sounds like there may be an issue with an electrical connection in your Deskjet 3510.  However, it could also be something simply tied up in the internal software of the printer.

The first step I would advise is to perform a full power drain on the unit.

• Unplug the printer while powered on
  • Unplug the other end of the power cord from the direct wall outlet
  • Separate the power cord from the power module in the middle of the cord length
  • Wait 60 seconds
  • Plug the power cord and module back together
  • Plug the power cord into the printer and the other end into a direct wall outlet for power

Does the unit begin to power up and function as intended at this point?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Student
jdog69
Message 3 of 4 (504 Views)

I didn't submitt the posting about the blank control panel, but I followed the steps, and still have the same issue. Any advice? I'm on a mac.

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 4 of 4 (499 Views)

Hi jdog69,

Here is a troubleshooting guide for that issue.  Click Here  Does that help?

If not and the printer is in warranty, you can contact HP Support for help.  Contact HP Worldwide 

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation