Can't connect to Wireless Direct on HP Deskjet 3520 from Samsung Galaxy Nexus (1091 Views)
Student
pbpbb
Message 1 of 3 (1,091 Views)

Can't connect to Wireless Direct on HP Deskjet 3520 from Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I have a brand new HP Deskjet 3520, I've turned on Wireless Direct, and I'm trying to print from a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I can see the printer's wireless network from the phone, but every time I try to connect to it, the phone says "Obtaining IP Address" but never fully connects. When I go to the HP ePrint app on the phone, it can't find the printer (probably because I'm not fully connected).

I've tried printing from an iphone as well. I have the same issue with appearing to not fully connect to the printer's network, but I am able to print out documents. However, I really need the printer to work with the Samsung phone.

Thanks!

Distinguished Professor
sabretooth04
Message 2 of 3 (1,086 Views)

Re: Can't connect to Wireless Direct on HP Deskjet 3520 from Samsung Galaxy Nexus

[ Edited ]

You need to verify that your Samsung supports ad-hoc connections.  I doubt it does.  Same with the iPhone.  Call Samsung and Apple to check.

However since the printer supports ePrint, I suggest you set it up that way.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I used to work for HP, but now I'm retired.
Dean
WyreNut
Message 3 of 3 (1,053 Views)

Re: Can't connect to Wireless Direct on HP Deskjet 3520 from Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I use ePrint with my Samsung Galaxy SIII.

After registering the printer with HP, and obtaining the required "@hpeprint.com" email address, I set up a contact named "Printer" and simply forward any emails I want printed to that name.

The ePrint app from the Play store will handle the rest (though it still chokes on secure web pages).  :smileysad:

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation