Question

Tutor
BBishop
Message 1 of 15 (3,941 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't connect to facebook

Having trouble connect to the facebook app. After receiving code I go to facebook.com/device enter code and nothing happens or get "An error occurred with Print App for HP web-connected printers.Please try later" Have tried now for 3 days.

Have a new HP Photosmart 7510 eprint C311a

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 2 of 15 (3,918 Views)

Re: Can't connect to facebook

Hi, are you still having trouble connecting your printer to your Facebook account? There were some service disruptions to the ePrint service earlier this week so if you haven't tried in a few days you could try it now. Remember the passcode is only valid for 1 hour after it is generated and you can generate a new code from within the Facebook SIP on the printer's front panel by clicking the Troubleshooting button and then Refresh Passcode.

Hope this helps solve your problem.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
Tutor
BBishop
Message 3 of 15 (3,911 Views)

No problem still not solved. Tried again today and received the same error again. Tried all your suggestions to no avail. Just continue to get the error message

"An error occured with Print APP for HP web-connected printers. Please try later."

Have been getting this same error for over a week now.

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 4 of 15 (3,908 Views)

Sorry to hear that hasn't worked. The next thing I'd suggest is to remove the Facebook app from the printer and reinstall it. With the 7510 you can do this directly from the front panel display (no need to login to your ePrintCenter account). Here's how to do it:

1. Select the Get More icon from the front panel display.
  2. Select the HP TouchSmart Web Apps icon in the top left of the next screen
  3. Select the Facebook app and accept the prompt that you want to remove the app
  4. From the front panel homescreen reinstall the Facebook app by clicking the Get More icon  

The other thing to mention is to make sure there are photos posted in the Facebook account you're trying to link to. I know that might sound obvious but the app will look for photos in the FB account and having at least one there will rule out that as the source of the problem if you're still not getting the app to connect.

Hope this helps resolve the problem.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
Tutor
BBishop
Message 5 of 15 (3,907 Views)

Tried that already with no luck and yes their photos on facebook. 

Tutor
BBishop
Message 6 of 15 (3,905 Views)

Finally resolved problem. Had to go into facebook privacy settings and remove the HP App before registering the new code.
Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 7 of 15 (3,904 Views)

Are the other print apps on your printer working OK?

I am an HP employee.
Tutor
BBishop
Message 8 of 15 (3,903 Views)

Yes all other apps work fine. As stated above i had to go into the Facebook privacy settings and remove the HP Print app then after doing that enter the new code. Facebook app now working again.
Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 9 of 15 (3,893 Views)

Great! Enjoy printing your Facebook photos directly from your printer:smileyhappy:

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
preetiibasra
Message 10 of 15 (3,769 Views)

BBishop wrote:
Yes all other apps work fine. As stated above i had to go into the Facebook privacy settings and remove the HP Print app then after doing that enter the new code. Facebook app now working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation