Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Can't enable WEB Services on my HP Photosmart 7520 to get undates, apps, etc.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hey @JMac21

Welcome to the HP Support Forum. :robothappy: 

I see that you're unable to enable webservices on your HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer. I would like to help. 

In this case and for all 75XX series Photosmart printers, the Print Apps have been discontinued. Users will no longer be able to use them from the front panel or via HP Connected.  Note that your printer's other Cloud capabilities (ePrint, scan to email, AirPrint, Android in-OS printing, Google Cloud Print) should remain intact as long as the printer remains functional.

Returning to your main concern, try restoring your printer's factory defaults - this will ensure you're approaching the webservices issue with a fresh start on your printer setup: 

Here's how:

*Note that completing this step will reset your printer's wireless configuration, ePrint address, and other customized printer settings. If you have created a custom @hpeprint.com address it will be permanently erased. For more information on custom ePrint addresses, click here.  

• Touch setup/wrench icon
  • Touch Tools
  • Touch Restore Factory Defaults 

Next, touch your wireless icon, run the Wireless Setup Wizard to restore your network connection. If you are able to successfully enable wireless, touch your printer's wireless icon (wireless icon.png) and make a note of the printer's IP address.  Next, complete the following steps to set a manual DNS

• Input the printer's IP address in a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer) and press enter to access that page directly.
  • Click on the Network tab.
  • In the left sub-menu, click Networking.
  • Next, click on Network Address (IP). 
  • Click on Manual DNS Server. 
  • Input Manual Preferred DNS as 8.8.8.8 
  • Input Alternate DNS Server as 8.8.4.4 
  • Click on Apply to finalize this change.  

When the above is finished touch the Webservices icon (ePrint.gif) and re-enable your webservices. 

Please let me know the result of your troubleshooting by responding to this post. If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below and clicking to accept this solution.

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Have a great day!

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

You can try below steps and check if your issue is resolved:
1. Tap the ePrint button which is found on the top left corner of the screen.
2. Go to Settings, and then look for Remove Web Services, hit Yes. It should go back to the Home Screen.
3. Tap the ePrint button again then Accept the Terms, press Yes if prompted to enable Auto Update then once done on the process try scanning again.

HP Recommended

DON"T WASTE TIME LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION. 

As of September 1, 2016, Web Services are no longer supported on many HP printers. The following error message appears:

• Server Connection Error. Unable to connect to Web Services.

Printers affected are listed here, including the 7510/7515/7520 printers:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05211712

As of September 1, 2016, the following features are dependent on web services and therefor no longer available.

• eFax
  • HP ePrint 9remotely send a document to our home printer)
  • Scan to email (scan to file is still working)
    • IMPORTANT: Irritating to learn this the hard way. The ‘scan to email’ option is still there. When selected, it places the document in a file, the same as the ‘scan to file’ option, but it doesn’t declare that is happening.

Not happy about discovering this. I spend 2-3 hours yesterday research and trying fixes. Today I was on the phone with HP Tech Support for an hour, repeating the steps I tried yesterday, then downloading the latest software, then repeating the steps again. All to no avail, Finally the agent stepped away to escalate the question and came back with this news that web services have been discontinued. What?

The software downloaded had the option for enabling web services. What a disappointment in loss of capabilities and wasted time from absence of notification or public announcement.

Not a 'student' per my alias description, but who wants to waste time trying to figure out where that update is made?
HP Recommended

this didn't work

HP Recommended

This didn't work

HP Recommended

HP has an updated Firmware download that restores web services to the 7520 series of printer.

Download it from here:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Photosmart-7520-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/51994...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

I did the download, however it still will not connect to web services.  Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Mary

Web services were discontinued for many HP printers last September.

Please read the info at the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05211712

Scroll down to the section  "What printers are affected." Click on the  [+]  to the right to see if your printer is listed.  If it is listed, then you no longer have web services capabilities, even though error messages state 'enable web services.' 

It's enough to drive one crazy.

John

Not a 'student' per my alias description, but who wants to waste time trying to figure out where that update is made?
HP Recommended

I previously check this list and mine is not listed.  You are correct, it is driving me crazy.  Thank you for responding.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.