Question

Honor Student
baeuerlein
Message 1 of 16 (6,535 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't find the eFax app on my HP Officejet Pro 8500A

Can't find the eFax app on my HP Deskjet Pro 8500A. At the eFax Webside only the eFax Plus and Pro services are available.

Does the free eFax service not exisst anymore?

Cheers

Michael

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 16 (6,532 Views)

Re: Can't find the eFax app on my HP Officejet Pro 8500A

Hi Michael,

The eFax service is not available for any printer model.

The only models currently support the eFax App are HP Photosmart C510, HP ENVY 110 and HP Photosmart 7510.

Additionally, the eFax App was never provided for any All-in-One containing a physical analog fax card.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 3 of 16 (6,531 Views)

Hello Baeuerlein,

For clarification,w as it available to you on a different printer and this is a new printer?

I do not see the 8500a as a supported printer for eFax.

To have access to the free eFax service, the printer will need to support it to set it up ont he printer's front panel.

The free account is not directly accessible at www.efax.com.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
DanDan7575
Message 4 of 16 (6,491 Views)

Re: Can't find the eFax app on my HP Officejet Pro 8500A (or an HP 8600)

[ Edited ]

I just got an HP 8600 (I guess it's the successor to the 8500A?). I didn't want the expense of a dedicated phone line for faxing, but I still wanted the fax feature. I looked at eFax and found that it wasn't supported on my 8600 either. I also didn't want just "internet fax" (fax-to-email and email-to-fax) because I like being able to just send a fax without having to scan, save, and attach it to an email. Anyway, I found a solution from a company called FaxLogic (http://www.faxlogic.com). They have what they call a "fax adapter" (a little box that goes between the fax line on the machine and a network port on my LAN). It works with their service that lets the machine think it's connected to a regular phone line. I'm using the $15/month service that includes both the fax machine support for my 8600 and "internet fax" so I can send and receive using my email, but they also have a $10/month plan that just works with the fax machine and a $6/month plan that's similar to eFax (just "internet fax"). Anyway, it works great, it gives me the flexibility to fax from the machine or by email, and it costs a fraction of what I'd be paying for a phone line.

Honor Student
baeuerlein
Message 5 of 16 (6,448 Views)

Re: Can't find the eFax app on my HP Officejet Pro 8500A (or an HP 8600)

Hi Dan,

thank you very much for the information. As I have the FAX-to-Email solution already (Internet & fon provider) the option to send - I need as an option only -a FAx without cables, boxes and additional costs was interesting. As I do not expect to send a fax more than 10 times per year, I will link my 8500 to the landlinde box. Thank you very much  for the proposed solution!

Best Regards

Michael

Tutor
Tulsaboyw
Message 6 of 16 (5,096 Views)

it surprises me that anybody would think that 8500/8600 series would have efax options
Top Student
MikeJazzL
Message 7 of 16 (5,016 Views)

Hi Guys,

Am having the same problem; ie. can't find the eFax app but its on the HP Photosmart 7510.

I have called HP support and they say its there. They have advised me to do a hardware reset on the 7510...no go. No eFax App icon.

Later I checked with the retail guy (where I purchased the printer) and was told that there was never an option for eFax for this model.  At least that's what they were told by the HP product training personnel.

Can someone shed some light on this? 

I really need the option for eFaxing.

Thanks!

Tutor
wongp
Message 8 of 16 (4,822 Views)

Re: Can't find the eFax app on my HP Officejet Pro 8500A (7510)

I'd also just purchased the 7510 yesterday, but no EFAX icon on the control panel at all. Any idea on getting this fixed? or can I reinstall the efax app from somewhere?

Any help is appreciated

Top Student
MikeJazzL
Message 9 of 16 (4,804 Views)

Hi Wongp

Just confirmed with HP support, eFax is only available for the Australian + US market.

So sorry...

MikeJazzL

Tutor
wongp
Message 10 of 16 (4,784 Views)

Oh no... So which model from the all-in-one series have a "working" efax feature? I will have to ask for an refund or exchange from the HP online store since this is defintely NOT an all-in-one printer including fax (which stated in the product manuals clearly that 7510 supports efaxing - I won't mind subscribing to efax, I'd just need the application..).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation