Question

Honor Student
J59C60
Message 1 of 6 (777 Views)

Can't get my Apple iPhone 5 or iPad to recognize my Photosmart 7520 printer.

After trying the HP troubleshooting solutions still can't get my Apple iPhone 5 or iPad running current iOS6 software to recognize my Photosmart 7520.  Get the iPhone message No AirPrint Printers Found.  Wireless network is using Windows 7 (64bit) and a Belkin N Wireless Router (model F5D8236-4) with the most current firmware.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 6 (764 Views)

Re: Can't get my Apple iPhone 5 or iPad to recognize my Photosmart 7520 printer.

Hi,

Airprint uses Bonjour (mDNS) to communicate with the pritner through the wireless network, In order for Bonjour to work the router have to support Multicasting.

From my experience, Belkin routers are quite problematic in this matter and does not support Multicasting, I also tried taking a look at your router options and within the router user guide, O was not able to locate much info regarding this matter.

In order to assure my suspicions, isolate the problem by temporary bypassing the router using the printer's Wireless Direct feature:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03402912&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5199463&tmp...

If you do able to locate the printer without using the router, that means the router breaks the Bonjour connection.

In such a scenario I would recommend contactign Belkin support in order to assure its Multicast support (or lack of support).. if the router indeed does not support Multicasting that means you will need to check for any other router who support those network protocols which required by Apple's AirPrint.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
J59C60
Message 3 of 6 (759 Views)

Re: Can't get my Apple iPhone 5 or iPad to recognize my Photosmart 7520 printer.

Using the HP Wireless Direct settings my iPhone 5 showed the Photosmart 7520 Wi-Fi signal but would not accept it under Choose a Network.  So I was not able to proceed to attempting to print a document.

HP Support Agent
Jon-W
Message 4 of 6 (750 Views)

When you say that it would not accept it, was it attempting to connect and simply spinning on the network name rather than giving you a check mark? This is a bit of an issue with iOS and wireless direct networks,but it should technically be connected and allow you to print. If it was actually giving an error message if you can provide the error message there amy be a workaround.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
J59C60
Message 5 of 6 (742 Views)

I found my problem.  My network used a Hawking Tech. range extender that must have been incompatable with Apple Bonjour.  When I removed the range extender and connected directly through my Belkin router everything worked fine.  It's all good now.

Honor Student
DonNow11
Message 6 of 6 (426 Views)

I want to print on the same network as both the Ipad and printer are on.  What app do I need and do I have to set up eprint to a email to make this work?  I had it working last week but now it won't find the printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation