Question

Tutor
Davidchong123
Message 1 of 39 (21,922 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot download www.hp.com/ePrint/DJ2540 onto my iPad 3 or iPhone 5s

So I have an iPad3 and an iphone 5s and today purchased this printer so I am meant to go to www.hp.com/eprint/DJ2540 and follow the link to download. But it doesnt work. It is just constantly saying there was an error downloading, come back later or use the disk. I cannot see any other way to download the software I need. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this to work?
With thanks
David
Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 2 of 39 (21,742 Views)

Re: Cannot download www.hp.com/ePrint/DJ2540 onto my iPad 3 or iPhone 5s

Hi David, you don't need to download any software drivers on your iPad or iPhone to be able to print to your Deskjet 2540. With Apple mobile devices there is a built in printing functionality called AirPrint that allows you print from your devices to any AirPrint enabled printer that is on the same WiFi network as the device. Check out this link for more information on mobile print  solutions from HP http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/mobility/

You will need to set the printer up wirelessly and have it connected to your WiFi network in order to print from the devices. Post back if you're having any problems or have any more questions about how to print from your Apple devices.

Best.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
Tutor
Davidchong123
Message 3 of 39 (21,739 Views)

Thanks it's now be corrected and it works smoothly.
Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 4 of 39 (21,735 Views)

Glad to hear that David, enjoy printing from your Apple devices to your printer.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
Student
Thankzu
Message 5 of 39 (21,156 Views)

I have  samsung galaxy3 trying to setnup printer need help1

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 6 of 39 (21,132 Views)

Hi there, is your printer model the DJ 2540 and if so what specifically is it that you need help with? You don't need to "set up" the printer on your mobile device, just download the ePrint mobile print app from the Google Play store. Provided the mobile device and the printer are connected to the same WiFi network, the app should find the printer and allow you print to it. If you're having trouble connecting your printer to your wireless network post back and I'll try and help you with that.

Best.

I am an HP employee.
Tutor
Davidchong123
Message 7 of 39 (21,114 Views)

Hi

Thanks a lot - it did the trick and I can now print from both Apple devices.

Regards

David

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 8 of 39 (21,094 Views)

Great to hear you can print from your Apple devices now David. If its not too much trouble can you click on the Accept as a solution button so other forum users with the same problem can find a solution more easily.

Best

I am an HP employee.
Tutor
Davidchong123
Message 9 of 39 (21,089 Views)

Done
Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 10 of 39 (21,082 Views)

Thanks David :smileyhappy:

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation