Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I set up my Envy 5530 e-all-in one and can print from our Mac but when I go to www.hp.com/eprint/envy5530 on the Ipad it says 403 Oops! request forbidden...Sorry, it appears the page you were looking for is forbidden or not accessible.  Can someone help me out?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there, there are no drivers to install for mobile devices. This link is for installing the printer software on a PC/Mac. If the Envy 5530 is setup wirelessly on your WiFi network and your iPad is also connected to the same WiFi network you can print to the printer using the Apple AirPrint solution built in the iOS operating system. Check out this link for more information on how to use AirPrint to print from iOS mobile devices.

Best.

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended

Hi Kelly51,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you would like to learn how to print from your iPad to your Envy 5530 printer.

An Apple iPad is not like a computer and supports full feature printer drivers.  Apple created a feature for its mobile devices called AirPrint that allows it's devices to communicate with an AirPrint enabled printer.  HP also uses the ePrint feature to allow Apple mobile devices to print to the printer using the HP ePrint mobile app.  If you want to scan from the printer directly to your iPad you would use HP's All-in-One Printer Remote app.

First we need to ensure your printer is connected to your wireless network.  You may have already done this but you didn't mention it so I'll give you the steps on how to do this, just in case.  You can easily connect the printer to your wireless network  from the front panel of the printer. The instructions on how to do this can be found in your User Guide on page 55 in the section titled "To connect the product with the Wireless Setup Wizard".

Now that the printer is on your wireless network you should be able to use Apple's AirPrint from you iPad.  For reference I've included the How to Use Apple's AirPrint Over a Wireless Network document.

If you want to setup the ePrint feature of the printer first we need to enable the web services to get your printer claim code.  The instructions on how to do this can also be found in your User Guide on page 30. On this page, please follow the instructions in Step 1 found in the section titled "To ePrint a document from anywhere".   I've also included the document Getting the Printer Claim Code for reference.

Now that you have the printer claim code I would recommend that you Set Up a Custom Email Address for ePrint.  It will make it easier to remember when you need to use it.   Once you have customized the printer's ePrint email address I would recommend downloading the HP ePrint Mobile app and the HP All-in-One Printer Remote app.  I've included the FAQ documents for both apps (please click on the name of the app to get to the FAQ document).

At this point, you and your iPad should be all ready to go to print via AirPrint or ePrint. Happy printing!

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi, I just helped to one man to connect (wifi) hp envy 5530 with smartphone, laptop and Ipad.

all was OK except Ipad.

Problem was that Ipad accept only ONE WIFI connection, it means when I changed from Internet WIFI to printer WIFI, it was not possible to use internet (google icon, etc), ipad was not connected to internet wifi.

ipad can use only one wifi connection?

is it possible to use wifi for printer and in the same time use wifi for internet?

in this video it is possible, but in our reality we didn't succeed to make it:

Video of printing from an iPad using Apple AirPrint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl88XvkB6rk

so, we succeeded to print document (notes) over wifi but we didn't succeed to have in the same time internet connection.

his wifi for internet has password.

regards,

asteriks

HP Recommended

Hi there, 

From what you describe it sounds as though you are using the printers own wireless network to print from the iPad instead of printing via the main WiFi network. You shouldn't have to do this as the AirPrint function will allow you to print from the iPad to the printer when both devices are connected to the same WiFI network. If set up in this way, the iPad will retain its connection the internet (via the WiFi netwrok) even while sending print jobs to the Envy 5530   Are you able to connect both the iPad and the printer to your friends WiFi network (the one that is password protected)? I'm including some links to support documents that may be useful. Take a look through both of them and post back if still having problems

Setting up the printer for a wireless network

Printing over a wireless network with Apple's AirPrint FAQ's

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.