Question

Student
lrburgos
Message 1 of 5 (17,943 Views)

Does a Photosmart Premium C309a support AirPrint?

I am trying to print from my iphone 3gs to Photosmart Premiun C309a but the Iphone does not connect to the printer or does not found the printer

Master's Graduate
Hubbs
Message 2 of 5 (17,937 Views)

Re: Does a Photosmart Premium C309a support AirPrint?

Hi irburgos,

According to this document - http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356 your device is not supported.

I believe that Airprint is only supported on ePrint-ready devices.

You can however use iPrint. See this doc for a link to show how to Download and use iPrint with your product.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile/How-to-Download-and-Use-HP-iPrint-for-Android-...

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an HP Employee
Click the KUDOS Star to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
DMWORKROOM
Message 3 of 5 (16,467 Views)

I have a Photosmart Premium C309a and I do not understand why I can print from my iPhone with HP home&biz application but not with AirPrint!

Why HP home&biz application can find the printer but not the iPhone via AirPrint?

Where is technicaly the difference and is there a hope to get a firmwire update to make it happen?

Master's Graduate
kawaii_aoi
Message 4 of 5 (16,461 Views)

Hi DMWORKROOM,

This topic can help you understand why airprinting on this printer is not functional - ePrint and Print App supported printers

The application from your Apps Store HP ePrint Home & Biz is specifically designed to work with wireless, non-ePrint capable printers. Unfortunately, there are no firmware update at the moment for this printer.

Hope this helps you!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheers! :smileyhappy:

* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
Top Student
simon0117
Message 5 of 5 (14,074 Views)

I have a linksys WRT610N router and searching the net there seems to be an issue with Bonjour (iPrint) and multicast enabling. I went into my router configuration Security, Firewall, and checked the box Filter Multicast, and that is supposed to work although I have been unsuccessful myself so far.

I am temporarily able to get the printer to be recognized by HP Home&Biz (ePrint) disabling then enabling WMM support, e.g. on my WRT610N go to Applications & Gaming, QoS, Wireless: WMM Support. But I still can't get it to print. Argh.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation