HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
11-21-2011 02:23 PM
I am a new with EPrint, so I cannot able finding HP Eprint logo with printer code. Please help me with my HP 6500A Plus
and I sent a registration online to HP done. I need getting EPrint setting on my Android - Mytouch 4G. Let me know!
11-22-2011 06:30 AM
On the front panel of the 6500A, hit the right arrow and then go to setup, under set up you want to hit web services it is the 3rd option under setup, if web services have already been enabled then it will say printer email address, if is hasn't then it will ask you to agree to the terms, then it will print out the info sheet that has the printer code on it, then take the printer code to ePrintCenter.com and either sign up or sign in to your account and then add printer with the green plus. Here are the total ePrint set up steps if you have any trouble.
HP ePrint Setup Steps
1. Enable Web (Cloud) Services on your ePrint enabled HP printer.
a. For assistance navigate to www.hp.com/support and enter your printer’s model number.
2. When the printer connects to the ePrint servers, shortly after, a HP ePrint Mobile Printing page will
a. A Product Update may be needed in order to continue to enable Web Services.
3. Bring the ePrint page mentioned in step 2 to a Web connected computer.
4. Open an Internet Browser on the Internet connected computer.
5. Navigate to www.eprintcenter.com in the Internet Browser.
6. Select the Blue button that reads “Sign In” on the Home Page at ePrintcenter.com.
7. After selecting “Sign In” a window will open. Select “Sign Up” in Blue letters at the top of the window.
8. After selecting “Sign Up” a window will open allowing you to enter information to create an account.
9. When your account has been created successfully, the account owner will be prompted to “Add
10. On the ePrint Page, from step 2, you will find a Printer Code just right of the Blue number 2. Use this
Printer Code to “Add Printer”.
11. Once the Printer has been added successfully you will be given the option to setup.
12. In the Setup options you have the option to enter a Custom email address.
a. Erase the original Printer code from the custom email address field and enter the customized
email address of your choice.
B. You will not have to enter the domain, @hpeprint.com.
C. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
d. Click “Check” to confirm that the custom email address is available for use.
13. In the Setup options you can select a security type: Allow Everyone or Authorized users only.
a. Note: No ePrint jobs will print on your printer unless you give the customized email address to
someone. Allowing everyone simply allows whomever you give the printer email address to
send ePrint jobs to your printer.
14. At the top of your home page confirm that your printer name is displayed and there are green check
marks beside “Connected” & “Ready”.
15. Congratulations you have done an Outstanding Job! Now you should be able to send ePrint jobs to
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
12-19-2011 07:26 AM
This has been SO difficult! I can't get past your first paragraph of your intructions. After I agre to the terms, it DOES NOT print out anything, but instead it tell me that Web Services have not been enabled. It tells me to be sure that the printer is connected to the internet. On my init ial set up before I did prinat a sheet and it definitely tell me that Wireless is on, Wireless is working, the network name was found, Printer settings consistent with router settings and i am connected. After clicking on the next buttons, it tells me the "printer was unable to complete the product update". It then asks me if I want to try again, but the same message about not be able to update again shows. I can't get past this problem....what do I do. I definitely want to be able to find a printer email address to print remotely. This is one of the main reasons I selected this printer. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-11-2012 05:31 AM
Well, none of what you wrote helps. I can't get past the first set of your instructiions. The printer wifi light is lit indicating it is getting a wifi signal, but when I go into set-up/web service setup, it tells me that web services has not been enabled for this printer. I proceed and accept the terms, , but then get a message saying "The printer was unable to complete the product update. I attempt to re-try, but it still fails.
So, what do I d now...I cannot get the printer info to register it for an email address....as I said before, printing remotely from my various devices is why I bought this thing in the first place. How do I get help??????
01-11-2012 09:51 AM
I would try:
- Power your printer off.
- Unplug your router.
- Plug your router in and allow to power on fully.
- Power your printer on.
- Enable Web Services again.
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
05-08-2012 02:25 PM - edited 05-09-2012 11:17 PM
I eventually resolved the issue and now am happy printing from my iPhone
The issue of Unable to update product:
If you check the error (?) you get something about your network being a problem.
In my case I could open the webpage (192.168.1.11) and in the Network section there is a proxy server. I am on my home network, so no real proxy. I have DSL Modem connected to outside world, inside connected to Apple Time Capsule and Airport wireless setup. So I took a chance and set the Proxy on the printer to 192.168.1.1 (the gateway) and the port=0.
Then retry Webservices setup, and amazingly it worked. Then I cleared the proxy settings and started printing from iPhone!
So the next day the Black Ink problem occurred.
I followed the reset instructions here
I now have the black ink printing back, but the Proxy solution at the top is no longer working, so maybe it was coincidental to something else.
Also the firmware update stayed in place.
It does however work as follows:
When it gets to the part where it says could not download, select Yes for Retry. It then says No downloads/upgrades available, and then it completes.
Oh, and I was on the wired connection at the time for the download part. Afterwards restarted the wireless wizard again.