E-print will not print (230 Views)
Tutor
vinny8467
Message 1 of 14 (230 Views)

E-print will not print

I have set my Printer up and a HP E-print email address and my Printer is connected to the Network but will not print using E-print and Email attachments.

Please HELP as am not getting frustrated

Many thanks

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 2 of 14 (191 Views)

Re: E-print will not print

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with getting your ePrint printer to work. Are you still having the same problem? If so can you tell me a little more about the issue, such as:

• do you get any kind or error message on the printer display panel when you try and print via ePrint
  • what type of files are you trying to print e.g. images, Word documents etc
  • did you create an ePrintCenter account (ePrintCenter sign in)
  • if so, have you registered your printer to your ePC account

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
Tutor
vinny8467
Message 3 of 14 (189 Views)

Hi

Nothing comes up on the Print Panel on the Printer, the email undelivered message states:-

Reporting-MTA: dns; out1.ip03ir2.opaltelecom.net

Final-Recipient: rfc822;adrianvincent@hpeprint.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; [15.217.96.213]
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.7.1 Command rejected' (delivery attempts: 0)

The printer is registered and i have an Eprint email address set up for it....!!

To be honest, i am on the verge of sending the Printer back. I not only have to above problem, but i leave the Printer on 24/7 and every time i go to print, i have to turn it off and on again. Every time i go to Scan to PC, i have to activate the scanning function which will not activate without turning the Printer off and on again!

I am at the end of my tether. Please feel free to call me to discuss as this was bought to make my life easier but it has done the opposite!

Regards

Adrian

07899 898578

Tutor
vinny8467
Message 4 of 14 (188 Views)

I forgot to mention, the only documents i am attaching are WORD documents (so far!)

It was working a couple of weeks ago but was intermittent. Now it does not work at all.

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 5 of 14 (175 Views)

Hi Adrian, sorry to hear you're experiencing such problems with the printer. Can I ask what model printer you have and what device(s) you have tried to send the e-mails from?

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
PhD Student
Dave_K
Message 6 of 14 (171 Views)

The 550 errors generally mean that there is a problem in how your email is communicating with the server. Try sending from a different email domain such as gmail and see if it works. If that works, that narrows down what could be causing the problem.

Let me know how it goes!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Tutor
vinny8467
Message 7 of 14 (167 Views)

Arkle1 - I have a HP Officejet 6500A Plus (E710n) and i am sending using my Laptop. I have not given the email address to anybody else to try as there's no point because i cannot get it to work!

Dave_K - I generally use Tiscali emails and like i said, it did work intermittenly and without any changse, has now stopped working! I have just tried sending an email to the Printer using Hotmail and this failed too.

Arkle1 / Dave_K - The following problems still remain:_

I leave the Printer on 24/7 and every time i go to print, i have to turn it off and on again.

Every time i go to Scan to PC, i have to activate the scanning function which will not activate without turning the Printer off and on again!

Kind regards

Adrian

PhD Student
Dave_K
Message 8 of 14 (162 Views)

Hmm. Strange problem vinny. Have you customized your printer's email address or is it still the default address?

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Tutor
vinny8467
Message 9 of 14 (153 Views)

Hi

I created my own "@hpeprint.com" email address and it did work but stopped for no reason....!!

Adrian

PhD Student
Dave_K
Message 10 of 14 (149 Views)

Do you currently have your ePrint senders option set to everyone or allowed senders only?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation