Question

Honor Student
jawshoeah
Message 1 of 3 (2,485 Views)

E-print wireless connectivity issues

[ Edited ]

I have recently purchased an e-print enabled printer (yesterday evening), and have not been able to get it to download any apps. I bought it specificly to print via Google's Cloud Print service. I am able to connect to my wifi access point (it's a Meraki Access Point hooked to a switch, which is hooked to the DSL modem).  However, when I go to apps, I keep getting the message that there are problems connecting to the server.

Here is what I know:

• I am able to connect to my access point with no issues.
  • The Wireless Network Test Report prints out that there are no issues. Everything listed has passed.
  • There are no firewalls enabled on both my access point and my DSL modem.
  • All other machines hooked to my access point are able to access the internet.
  • I am getting an internal IP address form my access point.
  • When I enter the Wireless Setup portion of the menu system, it states that I am not connected. When I repeat the process of connecting to my SSID, I get the same error.

Additonal information:

1. Product Name: HP Photosmart D110 All-in-One series.
  2. OS: Not applicable, but Windows 7 64-bit
  3. Error Message: On printer: "There is a problem connecting to the server. Press Retry to connect again, or OK to exit." The blue wireless light is also blinking.
  4. No changes made, this is a brand new out-of-the-box printer.

If there are any additional pieces of information needed, please ask! I would like to have this working relativly soon (the next couple days). Thank you so much!

EDIT:

In case this helps, here is a screen shot of my event log for the printer on my access point.

printer.png 

Top Student
okenward
Message 2 of 3 (2,140 Views)

Re: E-print wireless connectivity issues

Hi, 

Did you ever resolve this and if so how? I have the same issue currently. I can print by connecting directly to the router and avoiding the AP but then suffer a drop in wireless performance and coverage. 

I have whitelisted the printer etc but still cant connect. 

cheers,

Oli

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 3 (2,115 Views)

Re: E-print wireless connectivity issues

Hi Oli

Does the info below on connecting to the network help?

https://h30495.www3.hp.com/help#eprint

Connect to the network

ePrint requires that the printer is connected to your home network and has direct Internet access. ePrint will not work if your printer is only connected via USB to your PC.

To connect to your home network via wireless or Ethernet (wired):

Wireless connection:

• Use the Wireless Setup Wizard on your printer to connect to your wireless network. On most printers you can press the Wireless button on the printer display or on the printer front panel to access your network wireless settings.
  • This is how the wireless button appears:Wireless button

Wired connection (not available on all printers):

• Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to your router, and the other end to your printer. Note: If you do not have an Ethernet port on the rear of your printer, your printer does not support an Ethernet connection.

Web Services: Once your printer is connected to your network you need to ensure that Web Services are enabled to use Print Apps and ePrint.

• Photosmart: Depending on the printer model, use the Enable Web Services option available under the Setup>Wireless>Web Services, or Setup>Web menus on the printer, or via the ePrint icon on the printer front panel home screen.
  • Officejet: Select the Setup>Web Services Setup option to enable Web Services. Ensure that both ePrint and Apps are turned 'ON' in Web Services setup.
  • LaserJet: Print a configuration page from your printer to locate the IP address. Open a Web browser and type the product IP address into the address line. The HP-embedded Web Server will open. Click the HP Web Services tab. Select the option to enable Web Services. When Web Services are enabled, ePrint information appears in the HP Embedded Web Server. Look for the e-mail address that is automatically assigned to the product. The product also prints an HP Web Services page that contains this e-mail address and instructions for using the service.

ePrint can be affected by problems with a router or Internet service provider. If you are having problems with ePrint and you believe your printer is properly connected to your home network, use a web browser on a computer that is attached to your home network to confirm that your home network is functioning properly and that Internet access is available.

For wireless connections, check the signal strength indicator on your printer to confirm that you have a strong signal. On some printers, signal strength is shown on the front panel display. On other printers, you may need to open the Setup > Wireless menu on the front panel display. In some cases, it may be necessary to move the printer closer to your router to retain a consistent connection or improve performance.

Some networks require a proxy setting to be configured on the printer to access the Internet. This can be done via the Embedded Web Server (EWS) of the printer or the printer's control panel, depending on the printer. Refer to the printer User Guide for more details on using EWS or configuring proxy settings.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation