Question

Honor Student
Njw123
Message 1 of 3 (173 Views)

EPrint not working with HP Deskjet 3000 310a

Hi, please could someone help me? When my Deskjet 3000 is plugged into a (windows) laptop via USB, there are no printing problems whatsoever. However when trying to print off my iPad (iOS 6.1.3) using the ePrint app, it just sends out blank pages?? It seems to be set up fine as it tells me on the app that it has connected & printed successfully and the printer itself starts making all the right noises.....but then the end result is just a blank page.
HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 2 of 3 (142 Views)

Re: EPrint not working with HP Deskjet 3000 310a

Hi Njw123,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I understand that when you print from your iPad to your Deskjet 3000 printer using the HP ePrint app on your iPad that the printer gives you blank pages.

To better assist you, would you please provide some further information:

1. How is the printer connected (USB and/or wireless)?  You mention that it’s connected by USB to a Windows computer, but you mention trying to print from HP ePrint which needs the printer connected to a wireless network.  
  2. Are you using HP’s ePrint app or a 3rd party app?
  3. Does this happen with everything you try to print from the HP ePrint app?
  4. If you have the HP ePrint app, have you activated the app?

Thank you.

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Njw123
Message 3 of 3 (138 Views)

Re: EPrint not working with HP Deskjet 3000 310a

Hi happtohelp01,

Thanks for replying.

The printer has both USB and wireless. It is connected to my wireless network successfully.
Yes I am using the proper HP ePrint app, and the printer is showing as connected on the app.
Yes it happens with everything, I have tried email, documents and photos, (the app successfully accesses my photos) and every time it's just a blank page. It makes all the right noises - takes ages for a "photo
" etc - just nothing there on the paper! I know there's nothing wrong with the ink/ printing heads etc as straight after if I plug in via USB to the windows laptop, it prints perfectly.
Yes I have activated the app.

Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation