Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have tried this as you suggested since I have the EXACT same problem. But after the reset and setting up my eprint/efax and putting in my efax account number and PIN, it says "Unable to Sync" I have tried again but with no success...Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem with my 7510. Were you able to fix this? I would apprecaite your help!

HP Recommended

When I get to the screen on the netork tab and I select Network address IP it is asking for a user name and password for an admin and I do not have that information.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I now have an efax issue with my printer as well and efax tells me that it is an error on the HP side and that they are in the process of getting it fixed.  efax has an alternate free account to accomadate their customers until HP gets the problem resolved.  It allows you to fax up to 20 pages a month for free.

HP Recommended

I now have an efax issue with my printer as well and efax tells me that it is an error on the HP side and that they are in the process of getting it fixed.  efax has an alternate free account to accomadate their customers until HP gets the problem resolved.  It allows you to fax up to 20 pages a month for free.

HP Recommended

After following all of the steps, and trying to open the printer to find the eFax, the logo was not present.

HP Recommended

Hi - I've tried this fix for my new HP ENVY 5532, and it fails to suggest a manual IP - what should I do next?

HP Recommended

How do I find the IP address for my HP 7510 all in one.. I have lost the capability for a fax and I need it...I will follow your instructions before I jumnk the printer .. but need to know how to determine the IP address of the printer..

Thank you

HP Recommended

I found the IP adress.. went to the Networking tab.. and input the manual DNS adress (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 ) I said apply.. and a message came up saying I had entered an invalid address..

If this is a common problem, why don't I just get an update to install instead of all of this messing around? really inexcusable.

HP Recommended

Not sure if this will help as I've got an HP 7520. Similar problem. I ran my docs through using HP smart app and it works. Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.