Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just purchased an Envy 5530 printer. While trying to set up the ePrint services, though there is a strong wifi connection to the network, an error displays while attempting to connect to web services that says: "Server Connection Error: The printer was unable to connect to the server. Check the Internet connection and try again, or set a proxy address." I have already tried turning off the connection to the network and reconnecting, turning off the printer and back on, resetting to factory settings, and even moving the printer closer to the wireless router in hopes of receiving a stronger signal. None of these worked. As far as I know we do not use a proxy server in the house, when I checked in the network settings on my Mac the box was empty. Occassionally when I retry to establish a connection with Web Services there is a message that says "Registration in Progress: Registration for web services is already in progress. Touch OK to dismiss this message when registration is completed." Nothing happens after that; there is no page printed with my claim code.

The reason I bought the printer was for the ePrint feature. If that doesn't work then there's no point in having the printer.

Please let me know what other steps I can take to connect to Web Services in order to complete the set-up of my printer. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello mmaren,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I see that you have been unable to set up the ePrint feature of your Envy 5530 printer.

Please set a manual IP address and manual DNS servers for the printer.  I have included a link to another post I did that has the instructions with screen shots.  Please don’t worry that the screen shots are for a Photosmart printer, the steps are the same.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello mmaren,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I see that you have been unable to set up the ePrint feature of your Envy 5530 printer.

Please set a manual IP address and manual DNS servers for the printer.  I have included a link to another post I did that has the instructions with screen shots.  Please don’t worry that the screen shots are for a Photosmart printer, the steps are the same.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have tried two browsers, Chrome and Safari, and neither would load the IP address for the printer.

From Chrome:

Screen Shot 2014-04-10 at 12.37.44 AM.png

From Safari:

Screen Shot 2014-04-10 at 12.51.00 AM.png

(Side note, Safari isn't loading any site at the moment.)

Is there any other way to do this other than entering the IP address into a browser?

HP Recommended

Hi mmaren,

Thank you for the update and the screen shots.

I’ve included the Delete the cache and other browser data from Google for Chrome. I’ve also included a link to the Apple Support Communities that walks you through how to clear the cache in Safari. Once you have cleared the cache, please try to follow the steps from my previous post.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I guess my computer was due for an update and that's why Safari wasn't working. I have it all taken care of now. Thank you!

Thank you for your patience and perserverance. Keep up the good work!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried all your steps and I still get the server connection error. Any other ideas? This seems more complicated than it needs to be.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @ikindaneedhelp

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I see that you are getting a server connection error when trying to enable web services.

If you have tried all the steps in my posts then please call HP’s Cloud Services at 1-855-785-2777 if you live in the USA/Canada region. If you live outside the USA/Canada region please click here to find the Technical Support number for your country/region.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HI, I tried it again and it worked! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.