Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

They have done nothing to help out the customers. I jusr finally got tired of talking to HP foreign service about it so I just got an RMA and sent it back where it belongs. I have no intention of ever buying another product of theirs and I have used them for many years exclusively. They simply do not have any "Customer Service" its all outsourced to India. Good luck with your decision.

HP Recommended

take it back!!!!! get a good printer. and make sure you tell them why you don't want the **bleep** thing!!

HP Recommended

For those who are new to this thread, there is a "workaround" for the Excel gridlines problem -- select "Best" for Print Quality in Printer Properties or Preferences.  This workaround doesn't excuse the extended lack of problem definition and communication from HP personnel, but it does result in Excel gridlines being printed.

BTW for the RMA advocates, I have not returned the printer.  Aside from the Excel gridlines problem (which has been eliminated by the workaround), the Envy 5530 has met my needs well.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my brand new HP Envy 5530.

Every third vertical line prints when in Draft mode. Every other prints when in Normal mode.

All vertical lines should print in those reduced modes - I don't want to waste ink with Best mode.

HP Recommended

They have no intentions to address the problem, totally recommend you do as I did, get an RMA and let them have it back.

HP Recommended

After much playing and a hint from my sister, I have found a way to print all the gridlines in my spreadsheets.  I put a border around the page limit, printed in draft mode, and it worked.  Of course, if you span two or more pages, you will have to replicate the border limits, I would imagine.  Haven't really tried that yet.  Another amazing fact, I recommended this printer to my sister who is using it with her iMac.  Guess what - no problems at all.  No borders, no problems.  You would think HP could get the same quality software for us Windows users as for the Mac community. 

Hope it works for you as well

HP Recommended

My HP 5530 is about out of ink. I found the best solution. I purchased a Samsung laser printer. Goodbye 5530, don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way.

HP Recommended

Yep, me too. Returned the HP, bought a Canon.

HP Recommended
I was ready to take the printer back when my daughter, who taught 8th graders excel, gave me the solution. Just highlight the fields containing your data, click on format, cells, border, outline, inside and then the lines will all print properly. I am surprised that no one from HP came up with the solution.
HP Recommended

Folks, you're making this more complicated that it needs to be.  All you have to do to get the grid lines printed properly is select the "Best" printing mode.

As for HP Support being responsive or competent, forget it.  If you  read this entire thread you will see that a HP employee strated responding with not-thought-out "try this/try that" suggestions instead of consulting with HP development for a solution (or did so ineffectively); she has now disappeared from the thread.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.