Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Has this been resolved yet - is there a way to forward an email directly to HP ePrint from a business domain. 

Meaning, I want my customers to email orders@mydomain.com and I want the email to print directly to my HP Printer so that the "orders" are printed as soon as they are placed.

HP Recommended

Hi dm_user. If the domain is not a reported source of SPAM, and the content does not have 'SPAM-Like' material, the ePrint servers should not block the attempt to ePrint if forwarded to your printers ePrint address. HP does not offer a forwarding service for this, however, you would have to implement it yourself. I have heard of companies setting up a web page/email forum where the customer sends the email, but the code also sends the email directly to the @hpeprint address. Additionally, if you can find an email client that will auto forward based on set rules, you could have certain subject lines forward to your @hpeprint address. I hope this helps.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks, that worked. I have three email accounts on my phone. Two of them work fine to forward and print a message with an attachment. The third one is a broadband account which is sometimes blocked as spam by some servers. The error message is coming from the HP server, so it must be blocking it.  I cannot forward and print with that acccount, but as long as it works with the other two, I'm happy. Thanks again for the input.

HP Recommended

Dear Community and HP Support Team

I have tried several different ways to forward the e-mail with my desired custom email address and domain (print@mydomain.com) to the created myname@hpeprint.com address. The ePrintCenter reports each time an error with the message FAILED - System error

All tests are done with two options

1) Everyone - Anyone can send ePrint jobs to this printe

2) Allowed Senders Only - with restricted senders

A) Provider E-Mail Forward

To:  print@mydomain.com

Forward e-mail with ruleset provided by provider (hoststar - confixx)

print@mydomain.com => forward to > myname@hpeprint.com

B) Gmail E-Mail Forward

1) Double forward

To:  print@mydomain.com

firstname.lastname@gmail.com > print@mydomain.com => provider forward to > GMail => forward to > myname@hpeprint.com

2) Direct forward from Gmail

To:  myname@gmail.com

myname@gmail.com => forward to > myname@hpeprint.com

Unfortunately it doesn't work.

As a customer I want to use my personal email address under my domain like print

Please advice

Thanks

Your Customer

HP Recommended

Hi.

Just so that I got this right: one cannot forward mail to the printer, due to HP server restrictions?

I have adress A that is a forward, and B and C where B is the printer adress and C another mail that needs to be notified. In order words:

A forwards to B (printer with hpeprint.com-adress) and C (ordinary mail). 

This is not supported? How can that be? Since I *know* it worked previously with this setup... but after latest firmware upgrade of the printer it doesn't. Directly to printer yes, via email forward no.

HP Recommended

@twopointoh this is not a solution?

It is not working, just cause you heard someone could maybe do it. It's not working as of right now...

People buy your product, and want to have a custom domain for there printing needs.
Please accept forwards.

HP Recommended

This is a very old and long-standing request. I think noone looks at this thread any more because

1. is is ancient
  2. it is marked solved - even though it is not solved
  3. meanwhile a feature for creating an easier email address has been added - but that doesn't address the core need.

and the problem still remains. There are many reasons to need to create a forwarding address - some are in this thread and in other threads on this forum and others.

I have tried to refresh the conversation by creating a current thread specifically to address this problem. You can see it here. I suggest new posts be made there rather than here.

HP Recommended

@BSUK wrote:

I also love the way that E-mailing images to the printer results in 10 pages of postscript jargon.

I mean, who wants a boring old print out of the actual picture anyway?

Althought I understand the irony, this is not related to the original thread subject. Please start a new thread instead of adding noice to this one.

HP Recommended

@BSUK wrote:

I was hoping you might be able to change it to something more difficult to remember or long winded, such as fheh478587yrhh23iuh4y877474ththfnsxxlkjzlkxjoijoiu4845ufidkjhr4o8uffh@hpeprint.com 

Althought I understand the irony, this is not related to the original thread subject. Please start a new thread instead of adding noice to this one.

HP Recommended

@OHVGUY wrote:

I just purchased an OfficePro 8600. I can take an email attachment and save it on my android phone and email it to eprint as an attachment and it prints, but I cannot forward the original email with the attachment to eprint. It gets rejected with the error message "Other mail system problem 550-'5.7.1 Command rejected". Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

Hi! This is not related to the original thread subject. Please start a separate thread for this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.