Question

Honor Student
HPPrintingNut
Message 1 of 6 (4,330 Views)

HP C310 with ePrint does *not* work with iPhone OR the iPad using the new AirPrint

[ Edited ]

I have both an iPhone and an iPad with the current iOS updates and AirPrint is not working despite HP's claims that purchasing an HP ePrint enabled printer would work.

The C310 is running the current software and ePrint is enabled.  I can use the HP email address to print something.  All of my Windows 7 PC's can print to the printer over the inhouse wireless network without issue.

The C310 is on the SAME network as my iPhone and iPad.

When I try to print from an app that supports AirPrint, the printer IS found but when I actually click the print button, I just eventually get an "offline" message from iOS.

This was supposed to work and this is very disappointing.  

Honor Student
HPPrintingNut
Message 2 of 6 (4,295 Views)

Re: HP C310 with ePrint does *not* work with iPhone OR the iPad using the new AirPrint

Someone in the Apple forums figured out the issue.  I had to turn off and on my: router, printer, and iPhone and suddenly it started working. Go figure.

keg Student
Student
keg
Message 3 of 6 (3,166 Views)

Re: HP C310 with ePrint does *not* work with iPhone OR the iPad using the new AirPrint

I am having the same exact same problem with my HP c310 and iPad.  Is there a specific order you have to turn things on and off?  Do you turn everyting off to start and then turn them on in a given order?  Please be more specific.

Student
pciod123456
Message 4 of 6 (2,795 Views)

Did you ever hear more on this, I am having the same problem.

Honor Student
HPPrintingNut
Message 5 of 6 (2,779 Views)

Here's the deal, although I turned everything off and on, I believe the "trick" was turning the HP printer off and on.  My printer is setup to "auto update" when HP releases new software but the problem seemed to be that it wasn't fully applied until the printer was completely shutdown and turned back on.  That's what I would advise.

Student
Admin01
Message 6 of 6 (1,302 Views)

We are having problems with our iPad (1, iOS 5.1.1) printing to our C310a as well.  "No AirPrint Printers Found" appears when searching for a printer.  The app. "HP home&biz" can print even though Apple apps. can't see the C310.  Our complex work-around, for mail, is to save the mail as an image.  The Apple "Photos" app. can not print the image but, using the home&biz and the "Photo Albums" tab we can select and print the mail image.  Hope this is helpful for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation