Re: HP C410A, re: 2011.12.14 (332 Views)
Top Student
Christopher715
Message 1 of 7 (378 Views)

HP Pavillion 6410a

Printer C410a

Printer connected to network, shows READY status.  Have tried to send from EVERY email source,  (Yahoo!, Hotmail, Gmail)  but keep getting the following every time I attempt to eprint:

(this one is from Gmail acct):

donotreply@hpeprint.com

4:57 PM (17 hours ago)

to me

Thank you for using HP's ePrint service.  Your ePrint job was received, but had to be cancelled due to a printer error or processing issue.

Printer Email Address: XXXXX_XXXX@hpeprint.com

Printed Attachments:
None

Unprinted Attachments:WP_000053.jpg

ePrint Error
The print job was cancelled because the print job could not be printed at this time due to an issue with the service. Please try again later.

For more information about HP's ePrint service, including troubleshooting tips, visit www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter/about/eprint. If you do not want to receive ePrint status messages for this printer in the future, you may ask the printer owner to turn off your job status alerts at www.hpeprintcenter.com

Help us improve ePrint - Please take this survey at https://www.hpwebgen.com/Questions.aspx?id=22953&pass=31446.

********************************************************************************************************************************************

That's the "basic message" that I get from every attempt that I've made so far.  Worked once, then nada ;(( 

If anyone has any insight, I'd surely appreciate it.

Grad Student
fertileground
Message 2 of 7 (358 Views)

Re: HP C410A

For those who are experiencing ongoing issues with their web services, you can attempt to try the following steps that may help resolve your problems.
1.) Completely shut down your printer and restart it
2.) If you have prints that have not printed, log into ePrint Center (or create an account if you do not have one) and then look for your printer status. If printer status is green but you still have pending jobs, delete the pending jobs one at a time (Starting with the oldest first). There may be a print job stuck in the queue that further restricts other jobs from completing.
a. If option 1 or 2 above still doesn’t work, removing web services and re-adding web services will cause the printer to reattach to the cloud.
b. Please note that if you attempt option 3, you will get a new eprint email address (and lose your custom one with no ability to get it back) furthermore, you will need to re-add your printer back to your ePC account.

I am an HP employee
Top Student
Christopher715
Message 3 of 7 (354 Views)

Re: HP C410A, re: 2011.12.14

Have tried all those steps, and to no avail.

I have uninstalled EVERYTHING, then reinstalled it.  Print drivers etc. 

I cannot send ANYTING FROM MY Windows Phone 7.  It worked once then after that, every attempt results in a "error" message, so I HAVE GIVEN UP ON EPRINT. 

If HP ever "figures it out", I'll try it again, but I'm done with the "hair pulling" and becoming exasperated when an electronic piece doesn't function as intended. 

Anyone remember that AWFUL experience called "Microsoft Windows VISTA"???  'nuff said..........

Grad Student
fertileground
Message 4 of 7 (336 Views)

Did you disable and re-enable Web Services and get a new email address for your printer?  You may also try theses troubleshooting steps: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile/ePrint-Apps-Connectivity-Troubleshooting-Pleas...

Let me know if this helps.

I am an HP employee
Top Student
Christopher715
Message 5 of 7 (332 Views)

Yes, I've attempted that several times.  It's nice that you work for HP and get to "**bleep** around with the products", but I'm a physician, and DO NOT HAVE THE TIME NOR PATIENCE TO SCREW WITH THIS! 

YOU have have the time to "troubleshoot" this, but I do NOT have sufficient time to dedicate to "troubleshooting something that somehow got past Quality Assurance" and requires so much "fine tuning".

I appreciate the link to the "thousand possible steps", but I'm not going to attempt any of them.  I have resigned myself to the fact that "eprint" is too new/novel and needs some serious attention.  Consumers shouldn't have to be forced to be BETA testers.

As HP's "highest eschelon" of "customer service" admitted to me, that "customer service" is a "RUN AROUND" (Those are an HP employee's exact phraseology of my "session with helpless help". 

Grad Student
fertileground
Message 6 of 7 (307 Views)

I'm sorry to hear how frustrating this is for you.  There are some ePrint experts that can help you over the phone. You will need to contact HP support for service. Go to: www.hp.com/support. If prompted, choose your country/region, and then click Contact HP for information on calling for technical support.  Once you have contacted a technical support agent, tell them you need to speak to a "Cloud Services" agent, they will be able to work with you over the phone.

I am an HP employee
Top Student
Christopher715
Message 7 of 7 (304 Views)

Thanks for your interest.  I'm not putting any further time/interest/committment into a PRINTER.  When "Cloud Services" figure out what's going on, I'll re-purchase a printer that does the task without having to "beg" for 2 weeks. 

I really feel let down by HP, and I've been an HP user for DECADES, however, I cannot remain a loyal customer when the company doesn't give a rat's behind about their customer baxe that KEEPS THEM IN BUSINESS.

Now I see why Apple products have such a loyal following:  Apple 1) makes the product, 2) uses Apple's propritary equipment and most of all, 3) APPLE STANDS BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. 

Had this been an Apple product, this "bantering back and forth" would be moot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation