Question

d7e Honor Student
Honor Student
d7e
Message 1 of 6 (646 Views)

HP Deskjet 1512 refuses to print any PDF document

HP Deskjet 1512 refuses to print PDF documents from any source.  It simply ignore the PRINT command and spits out a blank page.  Anyone have this problem and found a solution?

Distinguished Professor
Advance23
Message 2 of 6 (606 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 1512 refuses to print any PDF document

Hi d7e,

I understand that you are having a problem getting PDF documents to print for you. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue. How did you install the printer? What operating system are you running on your computer? You need to have Adobe Reader install and up to date, the printer needs this to read the print information from different files and programs.

Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I worked on behalf of HP
D3n Honor Student
Honor Student
D3n
Message 3 of 6 (562 Views)

HP Deskjet 1512 installed exactly as shown on the pictorial instruction sheet included.

Operating system is Windows 7.

Adobe Reader latest version downloaded and installed.

I am especially concerned at this time of year that all the forms (3) I need will not print.  In addition, I like to download the full instruction book as an Adobe file to the desktop so I can refer to it without having to go online and hunt it down each time.  I should add that I am not new to this sort of thing, having been working with personal computers since MS-DOS came out, and with a variety of printers dating back to the dot-matrix type.  I can't remember how many single-sheet printers I have bought, including one all-in-one that "died" after just a few months!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Distinguished Professor
Advance23
Message 4 of 6 (541 Views)

Hi D3n,

I understand that you cannot print 3 PDF forms. Where are you trying to print these forms from? Can you print other PDF forms and only these 3 will not print? Have you try a different browser to try to print them from? Do you get any error message when you are trying to print them?

Here is a link for the HP Deskjet 1510 series User Guide in PDF version.

Let me know please.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I worked on behalf of HP
D3n Honor Student
Honor Student
D3n
Message 5 of 6 (447 Views)

HP Deskjet 1512 did print PDF documents when first purchased a few months ago but suddenly refuses to print any PDF document (e.g.: online (ebill) bill payments.  I like to have a copy of the monthly statement on which I can write in the confirmation number in case there is ever a question (it has happened...).  Now I can find no method that will print the PDF document although I can view it and save it.  Does anyone else have this problem or has found a solution to it?  Any help would be most appreciated.

deejef

D3n Honor Student
Honor Student
D3n
Message 6 of 6 (442 Views)

To advance 23:  Printer was installed properly after purchase several months ago and worked correctly for first month or so, then suddenly refused to print online (usually called estatement  or ebill.  PDF Statement (only version available for viewing) can be viewed or saved, but will not respond to PRINT command which comes up near bottom of PDF statement and cannot be "Sent to..." desktop.

deejef

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation