Question

Honor Student
markkings
Message 1 of 4 (15,023 Views)

HP Deskjet 3055A Unable to connect on wireless

I cannot set up my deskjt 3055A on wireless. The blue light on the printer is flashing and the printer screen states wireless on.But printer cannot see the router

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 4 (14,999 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3055A Unable to connect on wireless

There is a document with steps to install this series printer on a wireless network.  This document can be found here.

Also, if the printer cannot see the router (SSID), then it is possible the network is using hidden broadcast.  Make sure the SSID is being broadcast so that the printer can find the network.

Also, have you tried power cycling the network system?  

* Unplug router, wait 20 seconds, and plug back in

* After router has restarted, then restart the PC

* While PC is restarting, power cycle the printer

Let me know how it goes.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
markkings
Message 3 of 4 (14,996 Views)

After a few hours messing about with my computer setting I finally got things to work. The sett= up instruction were not very clear for a 78 year old but I cracked it. Thanks for your response

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 4 of 4 (14,995 Views)

Sorry to hear that it wasn't easy to accomplish, but I am glad to hear you are up and going.  I hope the best in all your future printing needs.

Happy Printing.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation