Question

Student
craiggpa
Message 1 of 4 (980 Views)

HP ENVY 4500 won't print word files

My new ENVY 4500 prints test pages, prints pictures, but WILL NOT print Word documents.  Is there a patch for this?

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 2 of 4 (918 Views)

Re: HP ENVY 4500 won't print word files

[ Edited ]

Hi craiggpa and welcome to the HP Forum,

I would like to help you with your printer problem. You say that you cannot print Word documents. To better guide you could you tell me what happens when you try to print? Do you get an error message? What operating system are you running on your computer? Can you print documents from other programs?

Please let me know and I will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Student
rockingit
Message 3 of 4 (894 Views)

I have exactly the same issue.  Envy 4500 is working wirelessly, currently talking to 1 x Win 7, 1 x iPad and 2 x androids and works perfectly until I try to print a word 2010 document from a Win 8 machine.  The driver in Win 8 just reports that it can't print the document, normally about half way through.  The printer will have produced 'something' by that time, normally a set of half-page prints, blank pages etc.  The exact same machine will send test reports, pics etc that all print perfectly.

It looks to me like an Office / Driver bug.  

Student
scifoso
Message 4 of 4 (811 Views)

I have the exact same problem.  Can print a test page, but cannot print from Microsoft Office 2010 (i.e. Word).  Also will not print from Adobe Acrobat 11.  Will print the current web page, or from an application such as Notepad.  When trying to print from Word there is no error.  It appears that the document spools very quickly, but when the print manager is checked there is nothing in the queue.

The HP test, and Windows test page, both print without issue.

Computer is an Asus Zenbook running Windows 8.1 x64 Home Edition with all the latest updates.  Have installed and re-installed the latest HP drivers multiple times.  Printing is done via WiFi.

Have configured another WiFi printer (Brother) and it prints perfectly to that printer.

Printing to the 4500 from Word 2010 or Adobe Reader 11 on another computer running Windows 7 x64 works fine.

I've browsed for solutions and have seen numerous complaints but zero solutions.  Nothing but links to the same basic HP support troubleshooting page or print test program.

Do you have some kind of debugging

Is there anything that can be done to get some kind of debug logging?  This is really frustrating.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation