HP Envy 110 all in one password for network? (232 Views)
Honor Student
MattCushingLoew
Message 1 of 8 (232 Views)

HP Envy 110 all in one password for network?

I am trying to set up my printer for a user at work to be able to print wirelessly.  I have the ipad and the printer on the same network.  The wireless network uses an id and password, but I don't see where to enter that on the printer, and the printer shows ready to go and connected.  It has an IP.

I opened a browser from the ipad and tried to hit the ip and no dice.  I also installed the HP Eprint app.  Do I need to register the printer in there?  I was  under the impression that this printer was AirPrint ready.

Master's Graduate
zack_hp
Message 2 of 8 (225 Views)

Re: HP Envy 110 all in one password for network?

In order to AirPrint from your iPad/iPhone, here's all you need to do:

1. Make sure the printer and iPad/iPhone are connected to the same local network.
2. Open something you want to print (on the iPad/iPhone).
3. On the iPad/iPhone, tap the "Action" button (arrow curving out of a box).
4. Tap "Print". The steps below typically resolve the issue you’re experiencing:

If the above steps to do not work try this:

1. Power off the printer.

2. Completely power off the iOS devices (hold the Sleep and Home buttons simultaneously until a message appears asking you to "Slide to power off". Slide across that bar, and it should completely power off).

3. Power the printer back on.

4. Power the iOS devices back on.

5. Try to print again.

Those steps usually resolve the issue. If they do not, try this additional steps:

6. Power cycle your router (usually done by unplugging the router’s power cord, waiting 20 seconds, and plugging it back in).

7. Make sure that the iOS devices and the printer are all connected to the same network, then try to print.

If I have SOLVED your issue, please feel free to provide KUDOS and make sure you mark this thread as SOLUTION PROVIDED!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Honor Student
MattCushingLoew
Message 3 of 8 (224 Views)

Tried that, no dice.  I'm on a guest network at work, which requires an id and password to connect to it.  I don't see anywhere to put that into the printer setup.

Also, when I try to set up webservices on the printer, it fails.  Is there a place for me to put in the id and pass for the network?  When I go into safari, and hit print, it asks me to add a printer, but it says No Airprinters were found.

Master's Graduate
zack_hp
Message 4 of 8 (221 Views)

Ok. For AirPrint to work, you will have to connect the iPad and the printer to the "main" network. 

If I have SOLVED your issue, please feel free to provide KUDOS and make sure you mark this thread as SOLUTION PROVIDED!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Honor Student
MattCushingLoew
Message 5 of 8 (220 Views)

the main wireless network doesn't come up in the list of printers though.  I think I needed a certificate on my ipad to do it.

Is there no way to enter the id and password for the printer?

Master's Graduate
zack_hp
Message 6 of 8 (219 Views)

You should be able to enter the the password when you run the "Wireless Setup Wizard".

Honor Student
MattCushingLoew
Message 7 of 8 (218 Views)

it's not asking for it.  It's one of those things where you connect to it, and a webpage pops up and asks you for an id and pass.  There's nothing on the wireless set up that allows me to put it in.

I may have to go through security to get this set up.  Might be something blocking it that I don't know about in the office.

Master's Graduate
zack_hp
Message 8 of 8 (209 Views)

That is most likely the issue. It would be best if you could get the printer on the main network also.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation