HP Envy D410 there was a problem connecting to the internet (766 Views)
Honor Student
BangalowRugs
Message 1 of 4 (766 Views)

HP Envy D410 there was a problem connecting to the internet

Hi,

I have a brand new HP Envy D410.  Can print and scan to this printer from local computer.

Problem is wirelessly connecting to the internet even thought the printer is 4 feet from the wireless router.  Other wireless devices work ok with the internal LAN and see the internet. 

I've now twice tried wireless enabling this printer.  Each time hpeprint DOES see and recognise the printer.  I can set up an email@hpeprint.com.  BUT, on the printer, if I press Get More I only get error message "there was a problem connecting to the internet".

Reading the HP forum there is advice to turn off/on the printer, same problem.  Then it says disable/enable printer, which of course sets up a new address.  Done that, BUT STILL SAME PROBLEM.

Hpeprint.com does see the printer but the printer says it doesn't connect to the internet.

Why won't this printer see the internet?  How do I get it working?

Thanks for any advice

Master's Graduate
Cole_M
Message 2 of 4 (741 Views)

Re: HP Envy D410 there was a problem connecting to the internet

Hello BangalowRugs,

I understand the issue you are having.  Ensure your printer is up-to-date with everything:

1. Press the wrench icon on the top-right on the home screen of your printer.
  2. Press the "Web Services" option on the menu.
  3. Press the "Product Updates" option on the menu.
  4. Press the "Check for Product Updates" option on the menu. 
  5. If there are updates available, install them. After installing the updates, check for updates again until the message reads "Your printer has the most current updates installed."
  6. Try to access the "Get More" app again.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Honor Student
BangalowRugs
Message 3 of 4 (736 Views)

Thanks Cole but I did that. All updates installed.

Master's Graduate
Cole_M
Message 4 of 4 (728 Views)

BangalowRugs,

You can try to power you printer and router off. Then, power your router on fully, power the printer on, and try to access the "Get More" app.

Otherwise, here are some alternate steps to set manual network information:

1. Print a Network Configuration Page from your printer.
  2. Input the IPv4 address of your printer into the address bar of an internet browser and press "Enter.
    This should take you to a page about your Envy printer.
  3. Click on the "Network" tab.
  4. Click on "Networking" on the left-hand side.
  5. Click on "IP Address" under "Networking".
    This should now have you IP information of your printer, which is probably on automatic.
  6. Click the bubble next to "Manual".
  7. Input the same information into the "IP Address", "Subnet Mask", and "Default Gateway" fields that appears on the Network Configuration Page.
  8. In the "Preferred DNS Server" section, input the same criteria as the "Default Gateway".
  9. In the "Alternate DNS Server " section, input either "0.0.0.0" or "8.8.8.8".
  10. Power the printer off and then on and try to access the "Get More" app.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation