Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am considering on purchasing this printer to use in my dorm. I have an HP Chromebook 14 and wanted to know how to connect it to the printer. Does it just work with bluetooth straight out of the box after I insert my wifi settings? DO i just turn on Bluetooth and send the files? I don't have a desktop to install the driver, like most normal printers would require,  so I am relying on Google Cloud Print and Bluetooth printing. There is no way to install a driver on my Chomebook because that is not how the are made to work. Is there any other way to set it up without have to install any drivers? Or will it just work once I connect it to either wifi or Bluetooth? Any help is helpful. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your printer isn't web enabled so may may not be able to setup google cloud print via blue tooth.

There is a  HP 1200w NFC/ Wireless Mobile Print accessory for your OJ100 mobile printer to enable it to support wifi printing:

Here's the link that shows how to set up your OJ100 with the HP 1200w:

Here's a link on how to setup google couldprint for your non e-print enabled printer:

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hello @nbaratta ,

I see you are experiencing wireless printing set up issues.  I would like to assist.

I would recommend this document on Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Bluetooth Network Connection For OfficeJet 100.

1. Choose your operatig system.

2. Select "Method one: Download and install software from the HP webste."

3. Follow the instruction as shown.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post help solved you issue.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say thanks for helping.

--"Although I work for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

hi nbaratta,

Chromebook's Bluetooth does not support printing profile.  Connecting your Chromebook to HP OfficeJet 100 printer via Bluetooth may not work.   The recommended way to print from a Chromebook by Google is to use Google Cloud Print.   For HP OfficeJet 100, you will need the HP 1200wc nfc wireless mobile print accessory to enable WiFi on the printer.

I am an HP employee, but I am speaking for myself.
HP Recommended

I just bought the HP Officejet 100 mobile printer. I also have  Chromebook and a Google Nexus 6 phone.  I've understood from the responses offered in reference to printing wirelessly as follows:

Chromebook nor an Android Device will work using  Google Cloud print or HP eprint.  The word Moble in the model name, should not be confused with being able to connect wirelessly to the web.  It  requires that I buy another piece of hardware, a mobile network accessory.  Is this 100% the case?

How about bluetooth. What is the story there? The Printer does have bluetooth built in.  Question is, how about pairing with the Chromebook and Android device?

Thanks

HP Recommended

You can print from an Android device via Bluetooth with the correct software.

I used one named "PrintHand" from the Play Store.  Unfortunately, it is a rather expensive app ($12.99), but I was able to install it on several of my Android devices.

It worked very well with the OJ 150 loaner I used.

(As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the OfficeJet 150 at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.)

I'm not aware of a solution for BlueTooth printing from a ChromeOS device.   😞

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.