Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a mobile HP Officejet H470 printer.  I have had several issues lately with blinking lights, I find a fix, do it and other lights seem to start blinking then.  This time it is the resume light and the right ink cartridge light.  it cycles like this..... the resume light is green, then red, then the right ink cartridge blinks, then starts over.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

When the resume and right cartridge lights blink, it means that the ink reservoir is full. You need to replace the reservoir and then reset the printer. You can find instructions in this document.

I am an employee of Hewlett Packard.

- - Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so others can more easily find the answer - -
- - Please click the Kudos star if you would like to say thanks - -
HP Recommended

I got the same blinking lights.  I need to replace the Ink Service Module.  It is full.  HP Support says I can no longer get.  My M470 is no longer supported.  Service Module no longer available.  Is that true?  Printer bought in 2008.  Indian support lady says after 5 years HP dumps you.  In the meantime, I took the full module out, completely washed it out (very messy) and put it back.  Can that work?  The printer is still blinking: Replace!.

Chrisinguam 

HP Recommended

I have a mobile printer HP H470.  I have been getting these messages that the Ink Service Module is full.  I have been unable to get a replacement.  I finally took the full service module out, cleaned it thoroughly and put it back.  The printer still works fine, always has.  However, the nag screen to replace the module keeps coming up.  

Question # 1:  Am I safe now?

Question # 2:  How can I reset the printer to stop reminding me about the ink module being full.  It no longer is.

Chrisinguam

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.