Question

Student
valcowan
Message 1 of 8 (1,259 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Printer says "acquiring e-mail address..." and won't move on.

I have just installed this new printer, and when the printer control panel began setting up for e-print, it got hung up at "acquiring e-mail address."  I have already set everything up through the installation CD.

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 8 (1,245 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Printer says "acquiring e-mail address..." and won't move o

Do you have your printer connected to your wireless network?  Do you get an error message?   I would try first just turning off printer for about 30 seconds and turning it back on.  I would try to enable web services once again.  If it doesn't work let me know we can try some other steps.

bpa Honor Student
Honor Student
bpa
Message 3 of 8 (1,055 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Printer says "acquiring e-mail address..." and won't move o

I'm having the same problem.  Just purchased an HP Officejet Pro 8600 and it's hung up on "Acquiring e-mail address..."  I turned it off then on again and chose the enable option and it went back to "acquiring e-mail address...."

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 4 of 8 (1,051 Views)

Hi bpa,

I see that you're having the same issue as the user above.  I have a couple of questions for you.

Where you able to try steps listed above?

Are you connected to your network?

bpa Honor Student
Honor Student
bpa
Message 5 of 8 (1,040 Views)

Yes, tried turning off for 30 seconds then turning on and selecting enable again and result was the same. I then turned it off and on and bypassed that step and everything else works fine. Connected via wireless to the other computers on my network and able to scan images and PDFs wirelessly to those. Looks like some issue with the email portion. Mine is an 8600, not an 8600 Plus though.
Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 6 of 8 (1,037 Views)

Bpa,

Try the steps below.

1. Open an internet browser type printer's IP address.

2. Should bring you to the printer's status page.

3. Select network tab at the top.

4. Left hand side select IPv4 under wireless.

5. Under DNS address Configuration select Manual DNS Server.

6. For Preferred enter 8.8.8.8

7. For Alternate enter 8.8.4.4

8. Select apply. You might get a warning saying this could interrupt connection that's fine.

9. Turn printer off for about 30 seconds then try again.

Let me know how it goes.

Student
jagnet7
Message 7 of 8 (769 Views)

Would you please tell us in a way that is understandable.

Thanks.

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 8 of 8 (764 Views)

Hi jagnet7,

I see that you're having problems with setting up ePrint.  If you prefer you can call Hp Cloud Service department and a representative will walk you through process.

1-855-285-2777

Let me know how it goes.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation