Message 1 of 5 (5,438 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus

How do you scan to a tiff. file format?

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 5 (5,421 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus

Hi pervywilson,

• On the product control panel, touch Scan ( ).
  • Touch Computer to scan to the connected computer.
  • Touch the name of the computer that you want to save the scan to.
  • Touch the scan-to type that corresponds to the document or picture you are scanning.
    Scan-to typeDescription
    Save as PDFUse this setting to scan text documents that are not editable .

The scan saves as a PDF file in the default destination scan folder.
    Save as JPEGUse this setting to scan pictures and images.

The scan saves as a JPG file in the default destination scan folder.
    Email as PDFUse this setting to email non-editable text documents.

The scan temporarily saves as a PDF file in the default destination temporary folder. The default email program launches and the PDF file automatically attaches to a new email.
    Email as JPEGUse this setting to email pictures and images.

The scan temporarily saves as a JPG file in the default destination temporary folder. The default email program launches and the JPG file automatically attaches to a new email.
    Save as Editable Text (OCR)Use this setting to scan text documents that are editable . You must have Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
    A software program analyzes the shapes of scanned characters and determines which letters they resemble most. Then the software creates a text file with this information.
    software (for example, OmniPage, FineReader, TextBridge, or SimpleOCR) installed on your computer to save text as editable.

The scan saves as a searchable PDF file in the default destination scan folder.
    Everyday ScanThe scan saves as a customized PDF file that you can use multiple times.
    Original 1-sidedTouch this option to select between a 1-sided original and a 2-sided original.

Unfortunately, natively, it doesn't seem to support saving scanned files in a .TIFF format

You may be able to save the file as a JPEG and then use a program to convert it to .TIFF but image quality may change.

Hope this helps!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Top Student
jrwjr
Message 3 of 5 (5,252 Views)

If you are using Windows 7, you can utilize Windows Fax and Scan to scan Tiff files on the HP 8600. Why this capability is not in the native HP software is beyond me. You'll find the program on the Start button, then All Programs main directory.

Honor Student
medallion
Message 4 of 5 (864 Views)

yes u r right.  there is no option on the printer, but you can set it up to scan to tiff using the hp scan app on the computer

Student
LisaRonan
Message 5 of 5 (229 Views)

Hi Daniel

I have just upgraded from a cheapie (hp 5200) to the officejet 8600 pro. When I was setting up the sanner, it gave me options under pdf for regular or editable, then after I installed it properly I didnt have that second option. Your post showed me that the OCR install was the cause, and that my solution is a new icon that I had to scoll down to, save as OCR....

Much appreciated.

Dont suppose you know how to connect the fax when connected to the NBN (Australian network) when phone is connected direct to power supply, bypassing the regular setup (done for medical priority reasons, by the NBN installation tecnician) I apologise if you are not in australia, i cant see anything identifying your location.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation