Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a macbook pro--do not know what the operating system. My hp 5520 printer says when I press scan: "make sure the printer software is installed on your computer and that the 'scan to computer' is enabled via the printer software. I am connected by USB. I tried to find something on the hp website but cannot. who can help me?

HP Recommended

I had a simler problem on my PC just install from the disc which came with your printer and not the net ,it will tell you to go onto the net to get the latetest set up but I had no success with this installation , when i installed off the disc no problem:

HP Recommended
I have an HP 5520 scan/printer and run windows 7. It scanned fine until a few days ago. Now I get a message asking me to enable scan to computer. I have tried all offered solution but no success. When I click the icon the page opened has no option to enable scan to computer. I can scan to email OK but not to computer. Any ideas please?
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I understand you're able to scan some functions, but the scan to computer function on the Photosmart 5520 is not working for you. I will do my best to help with this.

I'd like you to download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor. When you run it, please opt to run the Fix Scanning portion. Once the tool completes please give it about a minute before trying to scan again. This tool should be able to re-enable the Scan to Computer function for you.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried this option before but with no success. Since my post I rang the hp helpline. The advisor was excellent. He initially tried the same options as myself and came up with the same results. I mentioned that also I could not set up wireless. Apparently a recent BT firmware update set up dual band and selected 6 MHz but the printer works on 3.5 MHz. He changed to 3.5 MHz and all worked ok. The printer software now allowed the change to print to computer. I have no idea why a BT firmware change should have made a difference but who cares as long as it works. Thanks again for your advice.
HP Recommended

Hi Fleque,

That's great news! I'm glad you had a good experience and together were able to figure it out 🙂

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

hi can anyone help with this error-1 

HP Recommended

Hello lf69.

I understand your concerns. Please verify what type of printer you have. Click here to find out: Model Number.

Could you verify your exact error message you are receiving?

What is your operating system of your computer? Windows or Mac.

How is this printer connected? USB or wireless.

Once I verify this information I can assist your further. Looking forward to hear from you.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have a mac 10.6.8 and an HP Officejet 4620.  I cannot get the printer to scan to the computer.  Can anyone help?

HP Recommended

Hey Chekoslavakia,

I have included the document 'A 'No Computer Detected' or 'Connection Error' Message Displays during Scanning'. Please select your operating system, and follow through the steps in order for the best results.

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, please let me know the specific error message that you are getting. As well are you able to scan from the HP Software, and Scan from Print & Fax window? I have included the document 'How to Scan: Mac OS X v10.6'.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.